Software running when testing ?

Check the ones only running one or two processes. They most likely are using Vista and did not run the test with IE open as administrator. With Vista, if IE is not run as administrator, almost all of the running processes are missed.

For XP, 11 is the fewest number of processes, if I recall correctly. Vista is higher.

They can be shut off through the msconfig startup tab. Fewer processes may reduce the load on the CPU, which may in turn result in a better score, but will defnitely result in improved performance.

Check the ones only running one or two processes. They most likely are using Vista and did not run the test with IE open as administrator. With Vista, if IE is not run as administrator, almost all of the running processes are missed.

For XP, 11 is the fewest number of processes, if I recall correctly. Vista is higher.

They can be shut off through the msconfig startup tab. Fewer processes may reduce the load on the CPU, which may in turn result in a better score, but will defnitely result in improved performance.

now have xp64 bit on another drive added on that drive only one item is shown as running ..... that said I have to use the 32 bit explorer 64 bit explorer will not load pc pit stop :(

At this point in time I don't know of any programs that have 64 bit Active X controls, which is what would be needed for the 64 bit browser.

Yes, OverDrive can't seem to get the running programs from XP 64. You can right-click IE to have the option to "Run as..." administrator in XP 64, but I don't think it has the same effect as doing it in Vista.

At this point in time I don't know of any programs that have 64 bit Active X controls, which is what would be needed for the 64 bit browser.

Yes, OverDrive can't seem to get the running programs from XP 64. You can right-click IE to have the option to "Run as..." administrator in XP 64, but I don't think it has the same effect as doing it in Vista.

XP 64 bit comes with two browsers 32 and 64 bit