what anti virus is BEST

There is really no way to tell what is best, but make sure you uninstall Kaspersky completely after you download a new anti virus.

If you want free:

AVG 8.0 Free

Avira AntiVir Home

Avast! 4 Free

If you want a security suite or a paid program, try NOD32 or Trend Micro.

I agree with Kaspersky being the best, I personally use the full suite of Kaspersky an it is top notch. They have a superb forum for Kaspersky users an whats unique about it is the fact that you can actually talk to the developers of Kaspersky an their full staff as well, see here> http://forum.kaspersky.com/ As far as Free goes I would say Avast or try out Comodo, > http://antivirus.comodo.com/ they also have free antispyware software an a firewall. :)

Wademan

For suites, Norton's 2009 got highest nods from all test groups tis year. True, they used to have the rep for slowing down your pc, but that HAS changed.

If you want to do a lil reading, check here,here and here regarding Norton.

The first two links are independent test companies who evaluate an AV's effectiveness.

:Texan:

Edited by Tx Redneck

For suites, Norton's 2009 got highest nods from all test groups tis year. True, they used to have the rep for slowing down your pc, but that HAS changed.

If you want to do a lil reading, check here,here and here regarding Norton.

The first two links are independent test companies who evaluate an AV's effectiveness.

:Texan:

Norton's latest versions have definitely been an improvement on using system resources.

The best software I have ever used to combat viruses, spyware and internet security on my pc is Linux openSUSE 11.1 :tup:

There's no arguing w/ that. :hammer:

Just cleaned up a pc that was running norton end point and it was infected with antivirus 360. Norton was useless and I'm surprised that their server didn't get infected too. Nod32 usually prevents poisoned pages like that from even loading up, or at least gives a good warning about it