Digital Camera Help Needed

Hi, Can someone point me to a forum (or maybe I can get the help here) that would help me take images to to upload to Ebay or StampWants, or Virtual STamp Club. I want to sell a stamp collection. I have many commorative sheets of stamps and I need images of these to put online and I don't know how I can do this so the image is not so large it takes up a whole page. I have a small Visioneer camera and the manual is not helping me. I am told to change the camera settings resolutions, but don't know how to do that. Also, am told I could use MS Paint, but don't know how to do that either. I just don't want to separate them into individual stamps to pay my bills, they are more valuable as a sheet and I want to sell them as a coomplete sheet, as I could sure use the money. If one could explain the simpliest way to do this, I think I would get it better than all these suggestions, but no real help :pullhair::h3lp: Thanks.

hope this helps

i use mspaint in accessories

i resize my pictures just using paint

i just open the picture with paint

then i click on image on the menu

then click on stretch and skew

ill put 50% in the horizontal

And 50% in the vertical

press ok

if its still to big

click on edit

and undo

then try again but try 30% horizontal

................................30% vertical

once you get the size you want

save as and give it a name and JPEG

Hi, Can someone point me to a forum (or maybe I can get the help here) that would help me take images to to upload to Ebay or StampWants, or Virtual STamp Club. I want to sell a stamp collection. I have many commorative sheets of stamps and I need images of these to put online and I don't know how I can do this so the image is not so large it takes up a whole page. I have a small Visioneer camera and the manual is not helping me. I am told to change the camera settings resolutions, but don't know how to do that. Also, am told I could use MS Paint, but don't know how to do that either. I just don't want to separate them into individual stamps to pay my bills, they are more valuable as a sheet and I want to sell them as a coomplete sheet, as I could sure use the money. If one could explain the simpliest way to do this, I think I would get it better than all these suggestions, but no real help :pullhair::h3lp: Thanks.

Buy a scanner and scan the sheets. Much easier then trying to resize!

Hi, well, I decided to try and get the pictures on the computer first. I've taken 7 pictures of the sheets and my memory is full (128MB it should hold more than that - I need to figure out how to get more on the camera or I'll be here till doomsday as I have about 50 to do), anyway, tried putting them on the PC, well, looked like the software was already on, but it wanted me to put the disk in and did so,but it wanted to install it again and I came across this something about this software having to pass a logo and I needed to stop the install 'cause it could damage my computer. What's that about? I did stop it, but how do I get past that?

I guess my scanner doesn't give a good colored picture, maybe it would show up better online, I don't know. But it looks like I would have to use FTP and I don't know how to do that either. Boy, it's so much to learn! and I'm past 70, so my brain doesn't work so well. :pullhair: Thanks

Hi Annie,

Lets go one step at a time.

If you have a scanner, this is probably going to be the easiest way of getting the images onto your PC.

The quality of the scan probably doesnt look that good as you may be seeing it in preview mode as opposed to the final saved image.

Just do a test scan and follow the scanners instructions right through to saving the file.

Then open the new file and see if the quality is any different?

You shouldn't have to worry about FTP if your scanner is properly installed, the software it come with will handle that for you.

If you are unsure how the scanner works/or need more help, post the make and model here and one of us will be more than happy to look the information up for you.

As for your camera, 128 MB isn't a lot if you are taking high resolution pictures!!, hence the previous advice of changing the resolution.

Once you've got your pictures scanned in and you are happy, get one of the free programmes mentioned in the other posts or use MS paint and go sell those stamps!!

OK, I've been fiddling around here trying to figure it all out. My book says nothing that I understand about getting the images on to the PC. Is it "Copy to Folder"? "Export". I tried that, it went into a DATA file, but had nothing to say 'save as', tried to "My Documents", saved it with a name, but couldn't find it there. I (even though it's old) have a Visioneer 5300 series, which I'd like to keep though I have a 7300 series one too, which someone gave me, (not installed) but I don't know about their computer, it may have a virus on it and I just got my computer out of the shop with a virus, so don't trust it. I'm trying! :)

This product is classified as END OF LIFE.

Supported Operating Systems:

Windows 2000 / NT 4 SP3 / Me / 98

Not Designed for Windows XP http://support.visioneer.com/products/5300/default.asp End Of Life means no updates no new windows version

they end at windows 2000

The 7300 series is still in production

it has drivers for windows xp

these drivers can be downloaded from here

http://support.visioneer.com/products/7300/downloads.asp

just save to desktop

then once the downloads complete

open the file and follow the prompts

Good Luck

EDWARD

try irfanview, it's free and works.

it can make your pics into jpegs and resize to what ever size you like, shrinking is o.k. but making things bigger can cause your pic to pixelize if you go too far. Irfanview has many options and did I say it was free?

http://www.irfanview.com/

and don't forget to download the plugins too

Ok you want to change camera settings. Go to the menu on your camera, look for something like Image quality (what mine says) and pick the smallest size. Something like 640 x480. Hope that helps.

Try a trial version of PS Lightroom and create a web gallery with all of your images. This will resize as needed or to your specs and make the entire collection into a web page ready to put on the web.

If you have access to PS CS3 or 4, Open Bridge and use the batch process to resize all your images. I believe with older versions, bridge is inside PS but newer version have separated bridge into its own program to handle RAW images better.

If your only doing this one project, a trial version should work. IMO Lightroom is the best choice but Bridge is almost as good.