Kodak digital camera

My DELL PC with Windows XP does not give a notification "Found new Hardware" after I connect a KODAK C713 digital camera via a USB cable. This prevents the transfer of any pictures. Can anyone suggest a remedy?

Thanks

Edited by stormy13

zelix, putting your email address out in the open could result in unwanted emails !

if you look in "my computer" you should see a removable device, it should allow you to browse and locate your images.

did the camera come with a software disc? if so try installing that and it should work. the disc usually contains drivers and software for the camera.

if you dont have the software disc you can go here http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/pro...l?pq-path=11887 and get what you need

The C series of Kodak cameras need to have the software installed to work with XP the older Kodak cameras would work without the Easy Share software installed. Also make sure to download the newest version of Easy Share from Kodak if you are using XP SP3.

let me see here

so the easy whatever app has a special feature that allows one to upload their photos and order prints ?

i would seriously consider a camera in the feature that doesn't limit what can be done on a pc !

I have a Kodak Easy Share DX4330 camera ... first plug in the camera, then turn it on. A box (window) should pop up with a choice of what you want to do. Click on "Microsoft scanner and camera wizard" to highlight it, then click OK. Follow the rest of the prompts. Your pictures will be uploaded :)

I did not use the Easy CD that came with the camera. You can email pictures with Picasa

http://picasa.google.com/

Jacee that doesn't work with the C series cameras I tried it with my camera that I got for Christmas nothing would get the computer to recognize the camera except for installing the Easy Share software. Don't use it for anything but uploading pictures from my camera to my computer :geezer:

I have a C318 and mine won't detect either. I have not installed SP3. I downloaded the software and just once or twice it detected my camera after the software was downloaded and after that it won't come up when you click on the software. It just stays at the start menu and does not do anything.I thought it was my usb. I plugged it in this morning and it won't even detect that it is plugged in at all. And it freezes up my start bar where I have it set to auto hide. Getting kind of annoyed with it.

i know there was a update a couple months ago to the software that really messed things up.

what i do when working with windows is start the program before hooking up the camera.

then i hook up the camera and turn it on and it seems to work ok.

if i dont do it this way the program stays in the task bar and wont open.

Easy Share software has always had problems the only solution I know of is to download it again. Uninstall the version you have installed reboot then install the new version. Make sure to reboot after new install. It should auto start you shouldn't need to start Easy Share from ths start menu.

i cant believe this camera doesn't show up as a removable device ?

just checked on my wifes computer and the only thing it does is pop up and say :

this could be faster with usb 2.0

it does not show as a usb device on this computer.

If your camera uses a flash SD card or any flash media card, try using a card reader. Uploading via the camera itself can damage the camera in the long run.

Check your camera settings under the USB settings. Most have settings for the way the USB port will behave.

Try a small test with Adobe lightroom. Get a 30 day trial and install it. Connect the camera with the proper settings. Open Lightroom and under the import settings select import photos from devices and see if the camera is listed. Select your camera and a window should pop up and generate thumbnails for all images on the camera .

You can also try this if you have Adobe bridge. Bridge is included with photoshop. It is inside photoshop on older versions and a stand alone on newer versions.

I have yet to find a camera that did not show up for import in Lightroom or Bridge.

Also with Lightroom you can select any image or group of images and Email them with 1 or 2 clicks. It will resize the group of images optimized for email and automatically open your email client and let you send them any place you want all in 1 shot.

If possible put the card in a card reader and avoid uploading directly from the camera.

Easy Share software has always had problems the only solution I know of is to download it again. Uninstall the version you have installed reboot then install the new version. Make sure to reboot after new install. It should auto start you shouldn't need to start Easy Share from ths start menu.

I usually delete the shortcuts I hate my desktop full of shortcuts so I use the start menu. I hate redownloaded it about 4 times. I don't remember if I rebooted after or not so might try it again.

Edited by Patsy Woods

The C series doesn't seem to use standard USB drivers what the dang Easy Share software installs is a USB driver for the camera. XP does not recognize it as a USB device nor as a camera without the software installed :geezer: Yes the camera does use SD cards but without a card reader there is no way to get the pictures. If windows doesn't see the camera I doubt seriously any other software will see it without Easy Share installed.

Edited by mouse

just checked on my wifes computer and the only thing it does is pop up and say :

this could be faster with usb 2.0

it does not show as a usb device on this computer.

really nice

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try this to see how it goes, go to add scanner and camera wizard' or whatever it is.....

run the windows wizard and pop in the disk with the software, lets see if windows extracts the driver ?

you may have to browse the cd from the wizard setup ;)