Sign in to follow this  
CiscoKid

This is Shameful

Here is a copy of your email and my reply, it does represent my feelings Accurately. Cancel whatever you desire as my further association with your corporation is over!

CiscoKid

:tdn:

:soapbox:

:adios:

I do not know what the H*** you're talking about,..as I did not request or ask for a new subscription.!!! Not only do I get billed for a your sub to program, but another damn $25. at least for overdrafts as my account is empty .This is bullszhiz, WWW.PCPITSTOP.COM has further diminished it's ability as a tech friendly resource to grab what cash y'all CAN and apologize later ? You are most definitely evermore a liability to me and others.I have already earlier requested "no more email" as your usual tips and latest tech posts have been replaced by intrusive advertisements that need only the most gentle click to relocate to your sales counter.

KISS MY BUTT !

Markus

--- On Sun, 2/15/09, PC Pitstop LLC <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Recurring Billing notification: PC Pitstop Optimize 2.0 (1-year subscription)

As per your instruction, we have charged your credit card

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xzxx

---------------------------------------------

Description= PC Pitstop Optimize 2.0 (1-year subscription)

Recurring Product Price= 29.99

--------------------

--------------------

Total Charge = $29.99

Please feel free to email us at [email protected]

should you have any further questions.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely

Keith Linden

PC Pitstop LLC

843-414-4421

[email protected]

www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Well I feel for the guy. It sucks when you don't have any extra cash and recurring charges start rolling in.

I would highly recommend folks pay more attention to what they are agreeing to. Recurring charges will whack you unexpectedly every time if you don't pay attention to the agreement you have.

I personally don't allow anyone or anything to charge my credit cards on a recurring basis.

All the services I do business with notify me when my bill is do. I do not allow them to just take my money as they see fit.

Caveat Emptor!

We apologize for the misunderstanding. When you received your e-mail confirmations after your original Optimize 2.0 purchase, the auto-renewal process was detailed in them along with the link and instructions how to contact us to turn the auto-renew function off.

"Thank-you for purchasing our product.

Automatic Renewal - Set it and forget it! For your convenience, all subscription accounts are renewed automatically at the end of your subscription period. This only applies to products that have a subscription in the description, Optimize 2.0, Exterminate and Driver Alert. **Erase, Disk MD, and WinPatrol Plus do NOT automatically renew. If you wish to turn off automatic renewal or have any other customer service related questions visit:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp. "

We did not receive a message from you at that time requesting that auto-renew be turned off. We also sent you a 15-day reminder to the email address of record before the auto renew was to kick in and again giving you an option to opt out or update your credit card information.

Your renewal order has been refunded and the auto renew has been shut off for your order.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will continue to visit our website. Thank you for having purchased our software.

Actually it kinda is. Auto renewal should not be turned on by default and making you have to contact them to have it turned off. It should be explained as an option to turn on not off.

Edited by KRAM

wdeydwondrer,

I agree it must be a very frustrating position to have. My hat also goes off to IntelGuy.

I can in some ways sympathize with the OP, because in these difficult times recurring charges can lead to more financial difficulty. However it almost always comes down to people simply do not read the agreements, they don't pay attention. It is the click, click, accept, accept, OK, OK mentality of the "average" computer user.

It's a sad fact.

who benefits the most from the auto renewal policy?

I tend to think companies that have these policies are more or less on the greedy side

with a service that clearly states it has a 1 year contract, you'd automatically assume it has a recuring charge, or it'd be a hassle to thoose that buy in to begin with if one day their service was cut off.

there are two sides, but like bruce said, the bottom line is it is CLEARLY stated in the purchase. i'm guilty myself of this as i've bought a thing off tv and knew it came w/ one month service included but i had to cancel before being charged. well, i didn't cancel in time even though i had an email notice, and i paid the fee.

have to read what you are agreeing too. much like the windows user agreement. how many have honestly read that yet they use it.

much like the windows user agreement. how many have honestly read that yet they use it.

I have read it, and reread it numerous times :P

As a result of reading it, I refuse to use it

Guest peh

Hello, I'm new to the pitstop forums. I hope my subscription is auto- renewed. This laptop I have with Vista Sp1 64 bit is only running due to pcpitstop optimizer 2.0. Great product! I was ready to throw the Vista laptop out the door.I installed the optimizer and it had it running OK in no time flat!

Sorry to hear about Ciscos problem. Best to read the fine print.

peh

Hello, I'm new to the pitstop forums. I hope my subscription is auto- renewed. This laptop I have with Vista Sp1 64 bit is only running due to pcpitstop optimizer 2.0. Great product! I was ready to throw the Vista laptop out the door.I installed the optimizer and it had it running OK in no time flat!

Sorry to hear about Ciscos problem. Best to read the fine print.

peh

How convenient lil peh pops up with only 3 post to says this. :rolleyes:

I believe that some folks might benefit but I think the majority won't and the option should be to be asked for the auto renewal instead of having to opt out, Like I said earlier...who does it benefit when folks either don't, forget or don't read the fine print? Makes for upset customers, this is one instance and you can bet there are others that just get p.o.'d and don't bother to post here. An opt in method would be more honest and more considerate of customers. Yes, you can say "read the agreement" but that doesn't change how folks will feel about the product after they get charged again

Guest peh

How convenient lil peh pops up with only 3 post to says this. :rolleyes:

Hello Kram

I have been reading the forums since I installed PCpitstop Optimize 2.0. I decided that it was time to enter the forums and speak my opinions. Seems like a friendly bunch of folks. I'm not here to spark controversy, just here to learn and once in a while post something interesting or as now comment on something.I'm not a cheerleader for pitstop by any means. I had a pitstop product Erase installed but I couldn't get it activated. Pitstop refunded my money immediately and also told me sorry the product didn't work out. Fair to me. Hard to believe or understand Cisco. You have to read what you sign. Most importantly,understand what you sign up for. I don't see any aggressive sales tactics here. Most products such as pitstop automatically renew themselves. Makes life easier. Understand what you sign up for and read the fine print. As long as your money was refunded, why gripe and flame out.Why cisco put this exerience here in a public forum is beyond me to understand. Hope this clears up my comment. If your product or subscription is wrong pitstop will refund your money.Read what you sign, and most importantly, understand what you agree on with a contract. Keep my subscription on auto renew please as I have enough things to remember keeping this Vista Sp1 64 running.

regards,

peh

joe, i have to agree and disagree. the company selling the product does stand to make a profit, but then again, they've already made a profit on you buying the product to begin with.

the issue we have here is that people as a majority fail to read their service contract, and then when something happens that is stated in that contract, they get upset. this is where i disagree that if the client had indeed read the service contract and opted out of renewing, or read the service email sent prior to the renewal, then "how the customer feels after" wouldn't even be in the equation.

though a radio button type option at the purchase screen allowing opt in/out of auto renewal is a very intresting idea and most likely would not be that difficult to add on.

though a radio button type option at the purchase screen allowing opt in/out of auto renewal is a very intresting idea and most likely would not be that difficult to add on.

Yes, that is a good idea. We made the option accessible through the confirmation email so it could be accessed at any time, not just during the ordering process.

Renewal - Set it and forget it! For your convenience, all subscription accounts are renewed automatically at the end of your subscription period. To change your renewal setting click on the link in your confirmation email.

Not that it was any help for Cisco, but it was added last November:

Posted Image

i surely would have investigated before starting a bash thread !

all due respect' i don't want to look like a donkeys behind, but' that is my views and totally unrelated to any software vendor, i don't click buy and expect everything to work in my favor without modification.

it's like the 1000 dollar winner' it took a wile for someone to read that and win, proves how useful reading can be :P

when creating an account at this forum' i must go into controls and setup my profile, make sure my email is not disclosed' or if i want it disclosed, i have to then read the forum rules to make proper judgment when posting.............

i should start a topic about reading and investigating ?

well......

that shuts me up!

Having not used this software and not knowing that it was obvious about opting out, I stand corrected. I can't see why the OP has any reason to complain

Personally, I still believe that the default should be "opt in" instead of "opt out" because people are basically lazy ( don't opt out) and some one might take advantage of that fact

Edited by Joe C

well......

that shuts me up!

Having not used this software and not knowing that it was obvious about opting out, I stand corrected. I can't see why the OP has any reason to complain

Personally, I still believe that the default should be "opt in" instead of "opt out" because people are basically lazy ( don't opt out) and some one might take advantage of that fact

Yep clearly 100% the consumers fault. :tup:

I, too am dealing with this problem. It is not that the contract WAS covertly worded in such a way to make one unaware of the easily forgotten annual charges, it is the fact that the buyer, once they decide to end the contract, is unable to stop it. I can not be convinced that this is done in innocence. There is no phone number to call, for one. There is, also, no email address to send a simple question to. The process is painful. In fact, I am writing this post in hopes that I can get a reasonable response from the company that promises customer service. I find it ironic that the product I purchased over two years ago did little for me except cause me a lot of frustration and has cost me $90. I won't be paying for another renewal. I'm sure enough disputed charges will anger the credit card companies enough to stop doing business with you, I hope.

1) Is there a phone number I can call to accomplish this?

2) Is there an email address to write to?

3) Why is my email address not recognized when I try to log in? I have checked it for accuracy.

4) Why does your renewal reminder go to spam mail if you are not trying to slide it past people?

5) Can I get a refund?

If a reference to your standard post from above is all you can do, I will dispute the charge. My credit card company likes me a lot, too.

Thanks for YOUR time. You're not welcome for wasting mine.

For the record:

:wp:

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information.

You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

:filtered: opened a ticket as suggested at 8:05 am and the issue was resolved by refund at 8:19 am.