Change Mode

I have read the directions how to post the test results, and I still can't do it. I know it has to be simple, but my mind just can't grasp it. Any help would be appreciated! :blushing:

Thanks

Char

Once you've completed the test and are on the Summary page, copy the URL in the browsers address bar and paste that in your reply here.

Once you've completed the test and are on the Summary page, copy the URL in the browsers address bar and paste that in your reply here.

I'm sorry, don't mean to sound like a complete idiot, but how do I copy the url? :(

kinda looks like this

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=21573528

in your web browser bar at the top of your computer.

Right click on the URL, and the "COPY" part - And then paste it in your thread.

[/quot

I have seen it, just don't know how to copy it, and doesn't the very end of the url need to be removed?

Thanks

This might help you a little more:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress/howto1.asp

It might also confuse you more. I' don't think I'd worry about the "TECH EXPRESS" part of it. I haven't seen that part for quite some time here.

LOLA

P.S. If you are referring to adding your test results into your signature like I have just done, then you just need to delete everything after the particular ID #'s ** Hint = this part -- (&report=Summary) of the link!

Edited by LOLA

Hi Char,

This picture shows you what you need to copy and paste in your post.

(click to enlarge)

url.jpg

The URL in the address Bar ... just right click on it and that will highlight it, then right click 'copy from the menu and paste the link (URL) in your post

Follow the recommended "manual" advice and see if it improves your performance.

Look at this one:

http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/tips/TempFile...?conid=20974625

* Clear the Internet Explorer cache: Start IE and click Tools | Internet Options. On the General tab click the Delete Files button.

* Totally clear the IE cache: There is a bug in Internet Explorer that will leave files behind even after you clear the cache as described above. To completely clear the cache see our tip on IE cache overflow.

* Clear the Netscape cache: Start Navigator/Mozilla and click Edit | Preferences | Advanced | Cache. Click the Clear Disk Cache button.

* Delete temporary files: Click Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup to have Windows identify and remove files that are not needed. (If Disk Cleanup hangs at "Compress Old Files" see Microsoft article 812248.)

* Delete ScanDisk files: Start Windows Explorer and look in the root of your C drive. Delete any files there that have names of the form FILE0000.CHK.

Follow the recommended "manual" advice and see if it improves your performance.

Look at this one:

http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/tips/TempFile...?conid=20974625

Hi Jacee - I am not aware that I had mozilla, I didn't download it. This was a friends computer and I had my information from my old one transferred onto this one, could remnants have been left on it? Also, how do I look in the root of c drive? I am a complete illiterate when it comes to computers, so any help I get is very much appreciated. I'm kinda the one who needs step by step help. Thanks

Char

Ah Yup!

I'm sorry, but I know NOTHING about computers. Thanks for the response. Could you tell me how to do this?

Delete ScanDisk files: Start Windows Explorer and look in the root of your C drive. Delete any files there that have names of the form FILE0000.CHK. :blushing:

Char, go to Start/My Computer/C drive and double click the "C" drive. You may see folders there named "FILE0000.CHK". That's what you need to delete. Just right click each one and select delete. ;)

:geezer:

Thank you caintry_boy. I never understood how to do that. I did check and there are no folders that look like that. would it be a separate folder? Thanks again, appreciate the help.

Char