Change Mode

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any software or if I could post a jpg screenshot of my programs running on startup as I think I have to many running but dont know which ones I should stop, can anyone help and can anyone tell me how to post a screenshot to show you the programs !

Many Thanks,

Nick C :lol:

Edited by juicyfatslug

I suggest getting and using WinPatrol, it allows you to view what starts up and you can remove unwanted items, or disable items that wont go away, as to a screenshot you hit the PrtScn button on the keyboard (usually near the del button), then open paint (or any other graphics program), paste the image to it, select save as, then save it as a jpg, then upload that pic at a hosting site, photobucket is one such site (it's free), then copy and paste the link that gives you back here, it may sound complex but it's not really, alternately you could simply give the names of each process, hope this helps.

I suggest getting and using WinPatrol, it allows you to view what starts up and you can remove unwanted items, or disable items that wont go away, as to a screenshot you hit the PrtScn button on the keyboard (usually near the del button), then open paint (or any other graphics program), paste the image to it, select save as, then save it as a jpg, then upload that pic at a hosting site, photobucket is one such site (it's free), then copy and paste the link that gives you back here, it may sound complex but it's not really, alternately you could simply give the names of each process, hope this helps.

Hi,

Here is a link to my image thanks http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/K9Y...feat=directlink[/img]

Well it's hard to make out some of that list for me, but as a guess about half of it could easily be cut, but the easiest way to decide is follow the above, you can look up each individual entry and decide if you need it running at boot after seeing what it does.

You have anything that uses bluetooth or wireless?

If not then everything in that list with the exception of Bullguard does not need to start with Windows. From the looks of it it is just a typical startup list on a HP computer, overloaded with things that aren't needed.

Well it's hard to make out some of that list for me

Want to borrow my bifocals? :geezer::lol:

I used the browser magnifier when I first saw it, but it went to grainy to read, but with that link and the browser I saw the ones I couldn't be sure of, and they can halve that easily IMO, Thanks for the easier to read link lol, I need sleep, too many late nights lol. :lol:

You have anything that uses bluetooth or wireless?

If not then everything in that list with the exception of Bullguard does not need to start with Windows. From the looks of it it is just a typical startup list on a HP computer, overloaded with things that aren't needed.

Want to borrow my bifocals? :geezer::lol:

Hi,

Sorry about screenshot, can I do anything to help ?, I do have bluetooth in bar at bottom of screen, also can you possibly tell me what and how I should stop at start up if poss ?

Thanks for your patience !!!!!!

Nick C :pullhair:

Well without researching some of them, I would leave Sidebar (only if you want the features from it), Bullgard (assuming it's real time protection), DPAgent, TSMAgent, HP Software update, APoint and Bluetooth, Defender I would dump, although you can't uninstall it, you can stop it working, go into the admin tools then services, it's near the bottom under Win Def, stop then disable it, then remove it from the start up or you will get error messages every time you boot, others may feel you don't even need the ones I've mentioned, but not knowing if the bits you use will run without these running at boot this it what I would do.

in regards to dpagent...

DpAgent.exe is part of the fingerprint identity solution provided by DigitalPersona. dpagent.exe is required by third-party software or hardware and should not disabled

.http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/process/i/dpagent.exe.html