Sign in to follow this  
anisurfer

DVD Drive just sits there with constant flashing yellow Light

I am using a Dell Vostro 1500 Laptop with TSST Corp DVD Drive. I am vey near to giving up an ordering a new Drive, but I don;t want to :(. Also, I am out of the warranty period. I have tried to explain the problem. Please, pretty please help me !

1) All of a sudden the DVD Drive stopped working.

2) The yellow light on DVD drive is constantly flashing.

3) The eject button is dead.

4) Used a hairpin to open it. Inserted a CD and pushed the tray back.

5) The comp is slow to reboot and to work. Every now and then the mouse pointer with a small symbol for a CD comes up, like it's trying to read it.

6) In My Computer, the CD Drive seems to be empty, but can not open it using right-click explore.

7) Checked the device manager and no yellow exclamation mark in front of DVD/CD Drives.

Please let me know soon if you have heard/seen anything like this. What should I do?

AniSurfer.

my drive in laptop did same thing.Go back into device manager and right click on your drive and click uninstall and reboot and let windows reinstall drive.if it works might think about getting a good laser lens cleaner and run it also.all this worked for me.

cough up $25. for a new drive

$25 ?? I thought they would be around $100. It's a Dell laptop so I dont know if others will even fit. Which Internal DVD drive would be compatible with my system (Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core2Duo Processor, [email protected] Ghz).

thanks/

my bad.... didn't see that you needed one for a laptop

my drive in laptop did same thing.Go back into device manager and right click on your drive and click uninstall and reboot and let windows reinstall drive.if it works might think about getting a good laser lens cleaner and run it also.all this worked for me.

Thanks. I read that somewhere else too, but that also doesn't work.