Change Mode

Computer changed! Black Screen, SLOW, can't update, more

Hello,

I'm seeking help because "something" is going on with my computer!!! It started running slower and slower and I started seeing some pages 'flicker'/'blink' so I began running the programs I have on my computer. I have Windows XP, AVG Free 8, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware, and Spybot S&D. I also ran it through the online Panda scan.

At first they were finding some files from my OLD ISP (Earthlink) that I had used a few years ago when I had dial-up. I now have Verizon DSL. I had removed Earthlink from my computer when I stopped using it, or so I thought. But now these Earthlink files started showing up in scan results. I can't remember exactly what the files were but they wre something like 'earthlink/owner/[email protected]/cookie/[email protected] sorry, can't remember exact name.

They also found one file that was something like 'adware.roguesuspect'.

Someone suggested getting rid of the files by turning of 'restore point' and rebooting, so I did that. It did seem to get rid of the problem Earthlink files but not the roguesuspect file.

BUT, when I rebooted my computer, EVERYTHING HAD CHANGED!!!!

--There is a big black border around the edge of my computer screen. When I try to change it sometimes my whole screen slowly goes totally black.

--I can't change any settings to get my desktop background back to blue

--The text is much smaller

--Can't update Internet Explorer

And there are more things that are no longer the same.

I'm also getting a window coming up that says something about memory being low and increasing size of memory.

Could anyone help me get my computer back to normal again?

Thank you,

Betsy

Hi,

Thank for your your help. I did as you suggested and those programs did find some things and removed them, or so it seemed. But when I ran Superantispyware again, it found more of the Earthink cookie things. I have no idea what to do now.

Hi,

Thank for your your help. I did as you suggested and those programs did find some things and removed them, or so it seemed. But when I ran Superantispyware again, it found more of the Earthink cookie things. I have no idea what to do now.

Is there anyone who can help me get rid of these Earthlink cookies / tacoda etc that keep showing up when I scan my computer? And also help me get rid of the black border around my desktop screen and fix the colors? thank you.

Try lowering your monitor's resolution.

Mark

HI,

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

The cookies that are showing up in scans must be some kind of malware because the scans remove them and then they re-appear when I scan again. Plus, I cannot find them on my computer when I do a search or by following the path.

They seem to somehow be connected to Earthlink, which is an old service provider I used to use when I had dial-up. I no longer use this service and have not for about 4 years.

The Eartlink connection is still listed in my "Network Connections" though and I'm wondering if it is safe to delete it or will that cause a confilict with my current Verizon DSL connection? I don't know if deleting the old Earthlink connection would stop this malware cookie thing or not.

I have tried changing my computer's resolution to fix the desktop and screen problem but that didn't make any difference. I still have the black border around the desktop screen and cannot get the colors of the windows, etc. right. I've tried using the themes, costumized colors, etc I don't know if this is connected to the malware problem or not but it all happened around the same time.

Anyone help?

Thanks!

You can remove/delete Earthlink From Network Connections

Its very likely that it will stop the cookies

otherwise the spyware maybe in a hidden folder

delete the earthlink

and do the following

Please do the following

download cleanup

it will clean the crap out of your computer

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?optio...&Itemid=223

click on CleanUp! 4.5.2 Download

update your antispyware program and run it

next go to device manager and update your dispaly/video graphics

From Start button

Start / Click on Run

copy and paste this in

or type in devmgmt.msc

click ok

click the +

on Display

Right click on your drive

And choose Update

If updates available

it should find it

if not

post the make and model of your computer

WOW, are you sure this cleaner thing is TRULY SAFE? It wants to remove "6694" files from my computer!!!! (I ran it in the Demo as suggedted at the web site. Nothing has actually been removed from my computer yet.)

Here is what it wants to remove.....is this OK???!!!

CleanUp! started on 01/25/09 20:42:49.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCARM302V.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCARMDA7I.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAROGO7O.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAS55O6A.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCASUWN9E.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCASUXY0H.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAT23WPL.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCATBB9QM.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCATGFAQH.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCATPEUJ7.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAUI2QMW.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAUI63JD.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAUL4QSD.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAUPBL7P.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAUU3JON.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAV2Y4PA.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAV777B7.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAVA94QU.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAVCV8H6.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAVEEEUE.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAVEVZNF.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAVHU3LN.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAVIN7XY.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAVTQPYD.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAW80C3W.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAWBBCMG.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAWHIK4G.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAWJ4765.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAWM258O.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAWX5TEJ.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAX4I6IR.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAX8K122.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAX8QQKL.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAXE74RB.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAXEGVA6.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAXLVRI0.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAXNA3OU.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAXNVWX0.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAXOCN6Q.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAXVC7H8.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAY1D70L.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAY1UKQM.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAYEW3IT.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAYH7VEV.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAYQGDPJ.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAZ2U9OL.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAZ5JWOX.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAZ5ZA06.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAZP12TG.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAZSCFT0.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAZSK9II.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\sharedCAZTNM0Y.css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[10].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[11].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[2].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[3].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[4].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[5].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[6].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[7].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[8].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shared[9].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\shortcut[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\tshootText[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BED6UH4\tshoot_shared[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6MAD78WM\.uvwrap[1].swf - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\Common[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\Common[2].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[10].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[1].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[2].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[3].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[4].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[5].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[6].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[7].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[8].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\favicon[9].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\fr[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\fr[2].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\fr[3].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\fr[4].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\NavBar[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\shared[2].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\shared[3].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\shared[4].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\tsdisp[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\Tsdisp_sniff[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7AI3ZSVL\wrapperparam[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7Q6BI41H\.b[1].gif - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\89W3OYGO\.b[1].gif - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\buttonForm[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\Common[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\Common[2].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\Context[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\coUA[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[1].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[2].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[3].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[4].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[5].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[6].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[7].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[8].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\favicon[9].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\logo[1].bmp - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\shared[2].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\Tsdisp_result[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\tshoot_shared[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5T4N2VG\wrapperparam[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\arrow_green_normal[1].bmp - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\buttonForm[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\Common[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\Common[2].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\coUA[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[10].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[1].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[2].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[3].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[4].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[5].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[6].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[7].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[8].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\favicon[9].ico - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\firstpage[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[2].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[3].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[4].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[5].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[6].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[7].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[8].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\fr[9].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\shared[2].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\shared[3].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\shared[4].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\shared[5].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\tsctl[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\tshoot[2].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IR6K5APD\tshoot_shared[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SZLDNOA0\pouchrulesfordummies[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YAJ3IGVX\.b[1].gif - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\blank[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\logo[1].bmp - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\NavBar[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\Uabrand[1].gif - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\arrow_green_normal[1].bmp - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\Common[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\firstpage[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\note[1].gif - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\shared[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\shared[2].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\Common[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\coUA[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\HHWRAPPER[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\NavBar[1].xml - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\putlcx[1] - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\Behaviors[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\Context[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\coUAprint[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012005032220050323\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\blank[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\logo[1].bmp - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\NavBar[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4XYN8LAR\Uabrand[1].gif - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\arrow_green_normal[1].bmp - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\Common[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\firstpage[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\note[1].gif - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\shared[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XMJWH6J\shared[2].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\Common[1].js - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\coUA[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\HHWRAPPER[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\NavBar[1].xml - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\putlcx[1] - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CXMVGDYJ\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\Behaviors[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\Context[1].htm - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\coUAprint[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KX2FW92R\shared[1].css - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012006080520060806\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012006102320061024\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\locals~1\tempor~1\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012004031120040312\index.dat - deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat - deleted

C:\temp\EmlResize_0.log - deleted

Emptied Recycle Bin on drive C:

'Run MRU' list - removed from the registry.

'Doc Find Spec MRU' list - removed from the registry.

'FindComputerMRU' list - removed from the registry.

'ComputerNameMRU' list - removed from the registry.

'ContainingTextMRU' list - removed from the registry.

'FilesNamedMRU' list - removed from the registry.

Search Assistant MRU list - removed from the registry.

Explorer Open/Save MRU list - removed from the registry.

Explorer Last Visited MRU list - removed from the registry.

Paint Recent File List - removed from the registry.

WordPad Recent File List - removed from the registry.

Telnet's MRU list - removed from the registry.

Windows Media Player Recent File List - removed from the registry.

WinZip Extract MRU list - removed from the registry.

WinZip File MRU list - removed from the registry.

CleanUp! 4.5.2 recovered 248.8 MB of disk space from 6694 files.

CleanUp! finished on 01/25/09 20:43:18.

go ahead and run the cleaner....

but this time not the demo

lots of crap on your computer

after its done click close and ok

your computer will restart

look on the back of your computer

or download this it should find your make and model

click on summary to identify it

http://filehippo.com/download_everest_home/

Just to inform you on clean up

i am still using it for have been for years and no problems with it

its a light fast effective program

heres a shot from yhe IBM computer

Posted Image

Edited by mme

Hi,

I've done as you suggested and ran the anti-virus and here is what it found: (I ran SUPERantispyware)

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 01/26/2009 at 07:30 PM

Application Version : 4.25.1012

Core Rules Database Version : 3729

Trace Rules Database Version: 1699

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 04:46:12

Memory items scanned : 442

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 5132

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 40433

File threats detected : 3

Adware.Tracking Cookie

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Earthlink\6.0\[email protected]\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Earthlink\6.0\[email protected]\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt

These are the type of adware cookies that I meant in my first post. The antispyware programs keep finding them and removing them but they keep coming back, and they are not always the same ones as far as their "endings" like interclick.adtechus/revsci above. One I remember said 'tacoda' but I don't remember any others.

---------------------------------------

Also, I tried to update the driver as you said and it did not find any updates. Here is the info from running the EVEREST scan. I couldn't find anything that just said 'Make' or 'Model". Please let me know if this is not what you need.

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

OS Service Pack Service Pack 3

Display:

Video Adapter S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (32 MB)

3D Accelerator S3 ProSavageDDR

Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (12901271LE03)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Modem Lucent Win Modem

System Properties:

Manufacturer Compaq Presario 06

Product DA234A-ABA 6400nx NA911

Version 0n31411RE101SALSA

Serial Number MX318Z7365

Processor Properties:

Manufacturer AMD

Version AMD Athlon XP

ATA Device Properties:

Model ID SAMSUNG SV4002H

Serial Number 0413J1FW117318

----------------------------------------------

I ran the cleaner and had it clean stuff out. When I first ran the Demo it said there were over 6600 files to be cleaned out, but when I ran the full version it only cleaned about 2300 or so. Can you tell me why there was such a big difference?

--------------------------------------------

There are pther changes that have happened to my computer too in addition to the things I first posted. In Windows Explorer, the way my files are displayed has changed. Also, there are times when my mouse just 'freezes' and I have to shut off my computer.

Thank you for helping

your infection is hidden

Download http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

and save to desktop.

It is important that you uninstall any previous versions by using Add/Remove programs in your control panel before installing a newer version.

Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.

By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.

Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.

Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.

Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.

Click on Edit-> Select All then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.

Next please go to the HJT forum http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=25 Start a new thread, then paste the contents of your HJT log there asking for help and be descriptive as possible about your problem. A Trusted Advisor will assist you.post ity here

Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?act=idx

Edited by mme

I do have an old version of Highjackthis on my computer but it does not show up in the add/remove list so I can't remove it that way.

I have never removed it because when I try to delete the folder from my hard drive I get a warning that says something about renaming, moving, or deleting it will cause some programs to no longer work. Andit asks if I still want to delete it (yes or no) and I just click No because I don't know what will happen to my computer.

I also still have the hjt zip file in 'My Downloads'

What should I do now? how can I get rid of this old version?

download the new version of hijackthis and let the malware experts help you out

are you still experiencing black screen or border

Returning cookies are not a problem and nothing to worry about. These tracking cookies are present on certain sites you visit, even good sites.

Read here what cookies are:

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx

An easy way to get rid of cookies is:

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the General tab.

3. In the Temporary Internet Files section, click Delete Cookies..., click OK, and then click OK again.

You can also use CookieWall:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm

This program will let you decide what cookies to allow and what cookies to deny.

Another good and suggested free program to prevent cookies:

Install and Update SpywareBlaster

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Follow the tutorial

SpywareBlaster tutorial:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial49.html

Thank you. I have downloaded hjt to my desktop and will start a new thread in that forum to get help.

Juliet, thanks for the suggestions. I have had spyware blaster on my cmputer for a long time and keep it updated faithfully. I have also had spybot s&d, ad-aware, and avg free on my computer for a long time and keep them updated and run them frequently. They find these earthlink cookies and remove them but the cookies keep coming back. The files names always say earthlink but I haven't used that for several years and never visit that site nor see any ads, etc for earthlink anywhere I go online.

I appreciate everyones time and effort in this forum.

sorry, I forgot some things---

mme ---- yes, I still have the black border. That has not changed. It makes it really hard to see any 'pictures' because it makes them so dark (such as pictures associated with news stories at yehoo.com, or my kids pictues at facebook or that they send me in email, or looking at houses for sale online, etc. etc. etc.)

juliet --- I empty my cache and clear out my cookies on an almost daily basis and have no idea what or how something got on my computer and changed it.

Thanks again!

do you know what version of Video Adapter S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR you have

run driver alert and see if it shows that you need new graphic drivers

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/driveralert.asp

i found a couple of drivers heres an older one

S3 ProSavageDDR S3_6.13.10.1089

and a slightly newer one

S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR 6.14.10.33

maybe driver alert will show a more updated version

did you or can you try a different monitor

its possible that could be a problem

Also in your thread in the hijackthis forum