AVG8 will not uninstall or install

:h3lp:

Have just had a new motherboard & processor installed and had to update a few programs.

Had AVG8 FREE installed and checked for updates as my computer was away for 3 days, and it would not complete the update. I got an error message.

Local machine: installation failed

Installation:

Error: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: creating registry key....

Error 0x80070005

So I thought I would uninstall and reinstall now it wont do either and I get the same message.

I have downloaded Avast to cover me for the time being, but I really don't like it and would like to get AVG sorted out.

I tried uninstall through add/remove programs and the same error comes up.

Downloded Revo uninstaller but it does not show up on there, so it seems to have partly uninstalled but when I downloaded Avast it tells me I have AVG on my system.

I tried deleting all folders however, 12 .dll files will not delete. :pullhair:

So I am stuck with a white elephant and a programs I don't feel secure with ~

Hope someone can help.

Thanks for your time

:sparkle:

Hello. I believe if you download the AVG8 Free installer, you will be able to select a repair instillation, which could solve your problem. If that has no effect, perhaps try uninstalling or deleting files in safe mode will help you.

Hello. I believe if you download the AVG8 Free installer, you will be able to select a repair instillation, which could solve your problem. If that has no effect, perhaps try uninstalling or deleting files in safe mode will help you.

Thanks but I did download FREE AVG 8 and it would not repair, - it still gave me the same error message.

However, problem solved - I deleted all that I could and then had a tech remove the leftover .dll files so I could start from a fresh install.

Thanks again for your suggestion & help.

:b33r::tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks but I did download FREE AVG 8 and it would not repair, - it still gave me the same error message.

However, problem solved - I deleted all that I could and then had a tech remove the leftover .dll files so I could start from a fresh install.

Thanks again for your suggestion & help.

:b33r::tup:

Hi I have the same problem with AVG. Nothing updates and nothing will uninstall. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Hi , A friend on mine had the same problem a few months back , so i downloaded Revo Uninstaller an ran that on AVG , that solved the problem for me ok ,Regards,Philip..

Hi , A friend on mine had the same problem a few months back , so i downloaded Revo Uninstaller an ran that on AVG , that solved the problem for me ok ,Regards,Philip..

:sparkle: Have done Revo ~ I don't have any AVG on my system - but when I go to install I get the error message.

:sparkle: Thanks for the advice tho. :clap::clap:

BE CAREFUL UPDATING!

It'll put a service on your computer called "AVG Network scanner service", and if you suspect this thing is doing some harm, you're right ...

Try blocking it with your firewall and you won't be able to get online unless you unblock it!