Error 1327 Invalid Drive D:\ MS Office

Hi :sparkle:

I have just had a new motherboard & processor put in and am running XP.

I had 2003 Office and was using 2007 MSOutlook quite successfully.

When I got home with the computer last night and started it up, I had a lot of updates to download. Not a problem. However 5 updates failed to load 4 times: All to do with Office 2003.

KB 957832

KB 958436

KB 956357

KB 959140

KB 951535

I opened a word doc and found I needed to get a new set of registration keys which I did over the phone. NPS works fine.

Then I opened MS Outlook 2007 and it refused to load gave me a message Error 1327 Invalid Drvie D:\

So I decided to use Outlook 2003 and got the same message ~

Now I cannot use either email program and updates refuse to install ~ my backup email is Incredimail.

I have googled and read some fixes but you have to buy them, also read about the LISTools and tried to follow that but when I follow the instructions on that it fails to extract says not enough disk space - I have also just upgraded from 2 x 80GB HDD to 500GB HDD so that is confusing me also. :pullhair:

Do I need to uninstall MS Office and reinstall or will that not solve the problem but only create another?

Would really appreciate someone helping out here.

Thanks in advance

:sparkle::sparkle:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903776

This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:

* Office is installed on the client computer together with an Office local installation source.

* The path of that local installation source is no longer valid.

For example, this issue may occur if the following conditions are true, in the order in which they appear:

* Office is installed on a client computer that has two hard disk drives or partitions that are named drive C and drive D, respectively.

* The Office Setup program detects that drive D has more space available than does drive C.

* The Office Setup program copies the Office files to a hidden local installation source folder on drive D.

* Drive D is later removed, or the drive letter is changed to a different drive letter.

* The Automatic Updates feature contacts a computer that is running Windows Server Update Services to obtain Office updates.

I have also just upgraded from 2 x 80GB HDD to 500GB HDD

Bet if you put the 80 GB drive that was the D drive back, that error would go away.

Bet if you put the 80 GB drive that was the D drive back, that error would go away.

Yep I am sure your right however, I reformatted that drive so it is useless to me now.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem ~ even my IE7 will not work.??????

Any thing Microsoft is showing error 1327 . . .

:h3lp::h3lp::h3lp::h3lp::h3lp::h3lp::h3lp::h3lp:

QUOTE(stormy13 @ 7:12pm Fri Jan 16 2009)

Thanks for this info..... :sparkle:

It took several attempts to get it to work ~ as there are a few steps missing in the "step by step" instructions, (not your fault) however, perseverance paid off and all is well. All the downloads have come thru without a problem.

:sparkle: Thanks again. :sparkle:

I ALWAYS get SUPER advice and direction from this forum.

You provide a great service to the 'non' technical community.

With much appreciation :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: