Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DustyMonkey03

2 Computers Infected With Vundo Virus!

In the course of a week, two of my home computers have been infected with Virtumonde/Vundo virus. The computers are on a home network with a router.

The first computer I removed Vundo with Malwarebytes. It came back about a week later. I tried Malwarebytes, AVG, Ad-Aware and nothing knocked it out this time. I ended up doing a clean install of XP and so far it hasn't been back since.

Now, 3 days later, my main computer was infected! This is the so-called "server" computer. The one the Internet is directly connected to. The rest are connected via wireless. I ran CCleaner, Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes on this one and it seemed to have taken care of it. But I'm afraid it will come back like it did with the other one.

Can the other computers be infected because they are on the network, if the virus does come back? There are no shared folders or programs on the network. No computers are accessed from others. All computers are up to date with Windows Update, I updated Java on the server computer, all computers have updated AVG, Malwarebytes and AVG. And all are running high security with firewalls.

So how could this happen to two computers? Do you think I should worry about a recurrance?

I am guessing you need to disconnect the interconnections & clean one at a time.

Post a HJT log & a MBAM log from the server in the subforum HJT logs.

Plus a link to here.

Welcome to Pitstop

Hello DustyMonkey :wp:

Try VundoFix an if that doesn't work use VirtumundoBegone, see here> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...undo-virtumonde scroll down to> Automated Removal Instructions for the Vundo or Virtumonde infection using VundoFix:

That should work, if not follow this> Download HJT from Here

You can read what HJT is an does Here

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

Double-click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.

By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.

Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.

Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.

Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.

Click on Edit-> Select All then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.

Next, Go to this forum Here to start a new thread right click and Paste your log there.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

After you post the log an are getting help from our TrustedAdvisors do nothing else to your pc until they have completed the clean up process. Please be patient once you post the log in our HJT forums as they are very busy, they will take your case ASAP. :) Also include a link to this thread so the TrustedAdvisor knows what is going on.

Wademan