Sign in to follow this  
duanester

It's Free

have you tried it yet bruce, any comments or opinions ?

i was rather impressed, never seen anything like it !

what was also very strange to me' was the fact that all the software was free too :blink:

it took me about an hour to set it up and i was home free :)

Yeah I have tried it :rolleyes:

Took me a bit longer then an hour to set up, because I like things just a certain way. Of course the install only takes about 25 minutes, but the things I do take me a bit longer to setup and configure the way I like them.

Always of course keeping mind.

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

i'm having a great time, at first i was a little lost considering it was all new to me' but now i can navigate around like as if i always used it :tup:

hey' i burned some cd's and dvd's, i even played some games, i only had to install my video driver, it was simple and took just a few minutes to do, all the rest of my drivers were already installed, i can't remember ever being able to search the web after a fresh install of windows, i hated having to load those ethernet drivers :)

just a whole lot of cool stuff at that "one click" software site, i can't even imagine all the free software there at my disposal !

i am uncertain how things worked out for you in the past caintry_boy' but if it was okay then' it's just amazing to me now :)

wanna know what else freaked me out' i plugged in my wireless usb card and the driver was already installed :huh:

yeah' i just had to add my network information' like the encryption key and stuff, i would guess that it's not psychic' or is it ?

i plugged in my hp printer and almost fell out my chair' literally, my printer was detected on the spot, can anybody explain this, if yes' please tell me why ?

oh' when i installed this operating system' i only had to reboot once, it didn't even need a sata driver, you know' the one part where you had to hit f6 :tup:

i must have seen windows reboot 16 times after a fresh install manually loading drivers and stuff, not to mention that blue screen thingy :mrsgreen:

Tried it loved it...but huricane ike decided to put an oak tree into my kitchen and the computer running it got smashed and have not had the funds to replace comp yet and the wife says no to putting on laptop :boxing: ,so as soon as i get another comp, it or laptop will have suse on it (i dont want to dual boot)I still play with a live dvd sometimes :mrgreen:

i tried it awhile back, several times. couple windows only programs i need wouldn't work so that would require a dual boot for that functionality. some games i liked i wasn't able to play just w/ a simple install.

main reason i didn't stick w/ suse was that no one else in the house enjoyed the change from win>suse so i had to go back.

one of these days though i'll probably go back seeing as how much MS operating systems and software cost.

i see you talked about hp printer working just by pluggin it in, does that extend to all in one units working w/out the ridiculous driver pack from HP?

i tried it awhile back, several times. couple windows only programs i need wouldn't work so that would require a dual boot for that functionality. some games i liked i wasn't able to play just w/ a simple install.

main reason i didn't stick w/ suse was that no one else in the house enjoyed the change from win>suse so i had to go back.

one of these days though i'll probably go back seeing as how much MS operating systems and software cost.

i see you talked about hp printer working just by pluggin it in, does that extend to all in one units working w/out the ridiculous driver pack from HP?

HP drivers are included in the os. There is also small utility called hp toolbox, very small app to monitor ink, status, print settings, faxes, scanning...........

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/screenshots.html

i noticed that many could afford a mac or windows OS' but still run opensuse on their computers !

i wonder why they use a free operating system when they can afford to pay for one ?

i like it because it's free and it works just as well or better than a proprietary OS, it has all the software i need, it's also fully customizable :)

i learned something important using different operating systems !

you can't run mac apps on windows' you certainly can't run windows apps on a mac for example :P

now i don't fold' i wouldn't be surprised that you could fold on opensuse' but don't be trying to install exe's on it :lol:

Can't be any good if it's free....you can only get a good operating system if it costs at least $350.00

just saw a "sham (me) now" commercial and I gotta get my credit card now because vince sez I can't live without it...brb

baaa....

what kinda os can you get for only $60.00

do you know how many sham-wows I can get for $60.????

three?

Vince told me two....and I have to act now cuz he doesn't have all day

everybody knows if it's "free" there must be something wrong with it. We must pay $$$$ for any buggy or insecure software, cuz that's the way it is!

How do I know this? because Mr. Ballmer sez so.....Vince and him are buddies ya know, and they would never lie to me

everybody knows if it's "free" there must be something wrong with it. We must pay $$$$ for any buggy or insecure software, cuz that's the way it is!

if you find something wrong' their is a lot of help to get it working, reading a few things usually resolves the problem :)

of course if you don't have the time or patience and your on you cell phone driving 90 in a 70 cutting people of ' you should stay with windows and crash on that :lol:

three?

Vince told me two....and I have to act now cuz he doesn't have all day

How do I know this? because Mr. Ballmer sez so.....Vince and him are buddies ya know, and they would never lie to me

Vince and Balmer must be Buddies. :rofl3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk

Just not in Nebraska :rolleyes:

Edited by Bruce