Change Mode

Windows 7 beta available

I didn't say it was better... I'm still testing it and so far I like it. Everything that I use works quite well for me

and I'm not about to tell you all of my apps :P

Ssssssssshh, it's a secret :shifty:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Windows 7 has that option. I know Vista does.

Yes you are correct for this on the Beta, I pointed that out in my first post. Silly me :rollie: Not sure if it will be left out on the Final Release version. I should have thought about that, but I'm just used to telling people the other way as to make sure they get elevated Administrator mode.

when i right click on desktop and select gadgets

they never appeared

but today i right click on desktop they appeared

so i dont know if they were ever there before

or it was a glicth

i wanted to create a partition for windows xp and

im not successful with this

the install just quit

then i restarted and went to disk manager and found the partition

it was blank as no name for drive

so i assigned it one

not much was in there

so i tried deleting the patition ...no dice

tried reformatting it ..no dice

now at boot up im stuck with 2 operating systems

both are winodws 7

the first one works fine

but the second i get this error

0xc000000f

already searched the error

really cant do anything about it

ill probably end up boot and nuke the drive

only posting this as information

The fun really begins once I get my second drive this weekend... lil raid0 action for the laptop.

I love the blue lights on the lid... i could do without the one around the touch pad though.

My old laptop was well used...so I had that layout memorized... being a completely different keyboard(full size with 10key) typing is a pain!

I might put up windows 7 on it... but not too sure yet... maybe in a VM box. It's got the power to do it.

I've had two. Both times with SuperAntiSpyware .... once trying to open the program and the second one when trying to uninstall the program! It's a no go for me, even in safe mode :erm:

Gotta get this one figured out!

has anyone gotten any bsod's yet ?

I've had two.

All systems normal, full steam ahead, it's ready for Microsoft Gold release :tup:

I've had two. Both times with SuperAntiSpyware .... once trying to open the program and the second one when trying to uninstall the program! It's a no go for me, even in safe mode :erm:

Are you running 64 or 32bit?

has anyone gotten any bsod's yet ?

yes 2

1 everytime i try to open the folding gpu display

and the other after a 2nd install of windows 7 and avg8. i can't get avg8 to run this time for some reason so when i tried to uninstall it i got the bsod.

but must admit it seems to work great usually and i do like it so will definetly be something i'll run in vm with linux might even buy a copy instead of using this beta. :rofl2:

Edited by terry1966

anyone else tried the click a day link for breast cancer with the new ie8?? http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin...bjects/CTDSites

been 1/2hr and page still hasn't opened. think it must have inbuilt ad blocker that works... :lol:

The site works for me. I havn't made any changes to setting other than blocking third party cookies. I click on all six sites there every day.

well no idea what i've done then but with windows 7 and the new ie8 all i got was a grey screen after 40mins. :shrug:

edit:- come to think of it i remember denying ie8's web page compatibility or something like that when it first started. might be that.

Edited by terry1966

got windows 7 beta working on a old P4 P2.8 with hyperthreading with 768mb of ram. and I must say is is very responsive.

I don't think vista would have worked this well on this PC. so far im rather impressed :tup: