Change Mode

Slow Cable Connection.

Guest decyfer

Guest decyfer

:help: :help: Slow internet speed

I have charter pipeline cable connection. My speed isnt up to par. My tranmission speed is 540kb/s . My received buffer is 62420. Ive ran the auto fix tweeks and some others. Dose anyone have any advice. :help:

Guest decyfer

Yeah, Ive tried everything that I know of. I called the cable company and the said they were going to send a tech out on thursday. I wish I knew how to speed it up myself . It seems real low for cable. :bang:

If its a line problem you cant fix it yourself :mrgreen: Unless you understand the cable network in your area, have the necessary tools and info to diagnose and fix the problem and have a big ladder to reach the cable lines (or a hammer to break into the cable box) :rolleyes::mrgreen:

Guest twich1979

HI ya; go to www.drtcp.com. download DrTCP.

There is a testing program that will tell you the best settings that should gett you going faster. I hope this helps. :mrwinky:

P.s some cable company's like cox will put filters on the cable for your modem..

if that is the case I dont know what to tell you. I have cox and I was able to download 98561kb a second with this program.

Guest whizzer

I have 2 machines hooked on cable modem, road runner. one downloads at over 2000 and the other one downloads at 561. same connection through router. Trying to figute what is wrong the slow one. Currently doing a battery of tests. So far no fix. Any ideas??? I've done the Dr. Drcp thing, now going to try recommendations of pit stop. :help:

I have 2 machines hooked on cable modem, road runner.  one downloads at over 2000 and the other one downloads at 561.  same connection through router.  Trying to figute what is wrong the slow one.  Currently doing a battery of tests.  So far no fix.  Any ideas??? I've done the Dr. Drcp thing, now going to try recommendations of pit stop. :help:

Make sure that you are using a correct ethernet cat 5 patch cable (sometimes you might get a crossover cable by mistake). Try another port on the router. Try a differnet NIC card. And finally, make sure that you have the latest firmware installed for your router. Edited by aeroman10

Guest decyfer
:woot: Thanx guys, I had the cable tech come out. He ran the test, and now Im get 1200kb/s download. Its not constant though. Why would it do that? :woot: