Change Mode

interesting and true ............................

DRUG PROBLEM

HOW MANY OF YOU CAN RELATE TO THIS? I KNOW I CAN!!

I HAD A DRUG PROBLEM WHEN I WAS YOUNG..

I WAS DRUG TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY MORNING

I WAS DRUG TO CHURCH FOR A WEDDING OR FUNERAL

I WAS DRUG TO FAMILY REUNIONS NO MATTER THE WEATHER

I WAS DRUG TO THE BUS STOP TO GO TO SCHOOL EVERY WEEKDAY

I WAS DRUG BY MY EARS WHEN I WAS DISRESPECTFUL TO ADULTS AND TEACHERS

I WAS ALSO DRUG TO THE WOODSHED WHEN I DISOBEYED MY PARENTS

THOSE DRUGS ARE STILL IN MY VEINS; AND THEY AFFECT MY BEHAVIOR IN EVERY

THING I DO, SAY AND THINK. THEY ARE STRONGER THAN COCAINE, CRACK OR

HEROIN. IF TODAY'S CHILDREN HAD THIS KIND OF DRUG PROBLEM....

AMERICA MIGHT BE A BETTER PLACE!

who me? uh-uh no, um of course not err why would i do that? :angel::lol:

pssssst, hey mister want something that will inporvove you swing? :woot::lol::mrgreen:

Edited by lilbill08

Yeah, and the Internet would be a better place if they would learn to type with the Caps Lock turned off... :lol:

Posted Image

Well yes Ax, I did not change it from the caps state in which it arrived ;)

Guest fragged one

i disagree with being drug to church, but i tend to agree with the rest. personally, i feel religion should be introduced to children at an age when they can understand it and make a decision for themselves.

i disagree with being drug to church, but i tend to agree with the rest. personally, i feel religion should be introduced to children at an age when they can understand it and make a decision for themselves.

So when is that? I assume you mean a responsible decision? Let's see...up until about 4 (average), kids still make the decision to touch a hot burner. Up until sometimes 9 or 10, kids still make the decision to cross the street without looking. Up until 18, kids disobey their parents. Up until death, some kids decide to foolishly gamble, drink, and shoot drugs. Please, when does this magic age come?
Guest fragged one

So when is that? I assume you mean a responsible decision? Let's see...up until about 4 (average), kids still make the decision to touch a hot burner. Up until sometimes 9 or 10, kids still make the decision to cross the street without looking. Up until 18, kids disobey their parents. Up until death, some kids decide to foolishly gamble, drink, and shoot drugs. Please, when does this magic age come?

it doesn't always come. *shrug*

however, religion shouldn't be forced upon anyone, not even children. a six year old has no comprehension of religious ideals, they just imitate.

Yes, but when they get to some certain age of understanding, they either embrace it or reject it. I went through Catholic grade school, and got pretty indoctrinated (or at least they tried). It's not that I was a rebel, it's just that I had a Bible and could read for myself that they weren't right. So I rejected it with no help from anyone else.

I know there are people in here who were brought up in some sort of religion and just rejected it at one point. It's not like the kids are duped for their entire life...they choose for themselves.

So when is that?  I assume you mean a responsible decision?  Let's see...up until about 4 (average), kids still make the decision to touch a hot burner.  Up until sometimes 9 or 10, kids still make the decision to cross the street without looking.  Up until 18, kids disobey their parents.  Up until death, some kids decide to foolishly gamble, drink, and shoot drugs.  Please, when does this magic age come?

Well....I can't speak for everyone...Those children you speak of, I read about in the newspapers..

I don't know any on a personal basis..??

You're right....We do the best we can....Hope we've done well enough,that the same Morals,Convictions and Beliefs are instilled and taken with them as food for life when they leave...

That's really all ya can do.:)

Edited by Palerider
Guest fragged one

Yes, but when they get to some certain age of understanding, they either embrace it or reject it. I went through Catholic grade school, and got pretty indoctrinated (or at least they tried). It's not that I was a rebel, it's just that I had a Bible and could read for myself that they weren't right. So I rejected it with no help from anyone else.

I know there are people in here who were brought up in some sort of religion and just rejected it at one point. It's not like the kids are duped for their entire life...they choose for themselves.

thanks, jander, you help my point. instead of forcing religion on them, force true education upon them. teach them to read when they'd otherwise be at church. teach them mathematics, history, etc....

then they will develop an analytical mind which is better suited for thinking about religion and the different forms out there, helping them to think for themselves. i think that should be the ultimate goal, rather than forcefeeding god god god god god god god to them until they leave your household. hey, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.

It's not force feeding...Take them to church, teach them, instruct them. Along the way you also teach them to think etc, so they can "choose" when they feel like it. The influence of religion wouldn't be a bad thing for most today. Higher morals wouldn't hurt the lot of us.

Guest fragged one

??? Have you ever played Civilization or Alpha Centauri?

i love civilization. one of my favorite games. ;)

in fact, i think i'm going to go play civ3 right now. :mrgreen:

Guest fragged one

Good. As I recall, crime rates etc go down with the institution of temples, churches, and other such religious things. Am I correct?

i know what you're getting at. ;)

i understand the importance of religion in our society, and that common morals are often cited in religious texts, and common laws are based upon those common morals. i have nothing against taking your child to church, none at all. just as i'm sure you wouldn't care if i took mine to planetarium instead.

however, i can name many places with no crime that don't have any churches. it is only a game, afterall. :)

Guest Deuces Wild

I agree with the idea you are trying to convey Jander, but I would never use a game as an example. It is, after all, a game. ;)

(And cartoons aren't real either.) :P