Change Mode

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have two active AVs, Avast & Panda?

The test Software>Processes shows some in orange it states should be disabled.

I was not aware that I may have to active AVs, how would I disable one? Search for it, and then uninstall it? Also, for some of the processes in orange, how would I disable them? The process of doing so?

I was not aware that I may have to active AVs, how would I disable one? Search for it, and then uninstall it? Also, for some of the processes in orange, how would I disable them? The process of doing so?

Could I have some assistance, please? :)

I am not sure your Panda program is conflicting with Avast but the user reviews at download.com are not that great.

Is Panda listed in Add/Remove Programs>click remove

To stop the programs that the test suggests in orange & blue. Start>Run msconfig>Startup uncheck the ones you don't want auto starting, reboot.

I was hoping someone else would post their suggestions.

The first place I usually go to disable a startup is in the program associated with the process. If there is a way to disable the process from starting automatically it can usually be found in settings or options.

Some of the processes need to be stopped via services.msc . If you click on the file name in the process detail chart you will get more information on each process. You may need to do some googling to find out which service you need to stop from loading automatically.

I usually change the service from automatic to manual unless I'm 100% positive I'll never need it, then I'll disable the service after stopping it.

http://www.blackviper.com/AskBV/XP1.htm

Or you can get to services by clicking Start>Run, then typing "services.msc" (no quotes), and then pressing enter.

Mark

Edited by markcynt

BlackViper is a good site but I don't recommend going with the safe tweaks blindly.

Like the processes in the Pit test, I recommend clicking on each "Display Name" so the person better understands what he is disabling.

Mark

I think your computer was already running decently. According to your test, your computer is right where it should be.

What's your opinion? If you think it's running good then you're all set.

Mark

Edited by markcynt