Sign in to follow this  
volt

Canadian Goverment

pale. i fail to see why you continue to post. you haven't said anything different, or more importantly, relevant since this discussion started. :)

are you some kind of counselor or something? you seem to have a hardon for concentrating on mental demise.

anyhow, i figured i'd post this for those of you that actually know what the word 'think' means.

Well.....How I post would pretty much be up to me......LOL!!

Unless the rules are being broken..LOL!!....

Thanks for your input though ;)

Guest fragged one

And who said that (just curious)?

The 90% figure comes from Health Consequences of Smoking:

Nicotine Addiction, Surgeon General's Report, 1988. In Health

magazine in an article entitled, "Hooked, Not Hooked" by

Deborah Franklin (pp. 39-52), compares the addictives of

various drugs and ranks marijuana below coffeine. For current

information on cannabis drinks see Working Men and Ganja:

Marijuana Use in Rural Jamaica by M. C. Dreher, Institute for

the Study of Human Issues, 1982, ISBN 0-89727-025-8. For

information on cannabis and actual cancer risk, see Marijuana

and Health, ibid.

Guest fragged one

pale.  i fail to see why you continue to post.  you haven't said anything different, or more importantly, relevant since this discussion started.  :)

are you some kind of counselor or something?  you seem to have a hardon for concentrating on mental demise.

anyhow, i figured i'd post this for those of you that actually know what the word 'think' means.

that's what i'm here for, good buddy! :)

pale.  i fail to see why you continue to post.  you haven't said anything different, or more importantly, relevant since this discussion started.  :)

are you some kind of counselor or something?  you seem to have a hardon for concentrating on mental demise.

that's what i'm here for, good buddy! :)
Oh....OK... LMAO!!

The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). In 1988, it was discovered that the membranes of certain nerve cells contain protein receptors that bind THC. Once securely in place, THC kicks off a series of cellular reactions that ultimately lead to the high that users experience when they smoke marijuana. The short term effects of marijuana use include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem-solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate, anxiety, and panic attacks.

Effects on the brain

Researchers have found that THC changes the way in which sensory information gets into and is processed by the hippocampus. The hippocampus is a component of the brain's limbic system that is crucial for learning, memory, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivations. Investigations have shown that neurons in the information processing system of the hippocampus and the activity of the nerve fibers in this region are suppressed by THC. In addition, researchers have discovered that learned behaviors, which depend on the hippocampus, also deteriorate via this mechanism.

Effects on the lungs

Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers. These individuals may have daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, and more frequent chest colds. Continuing to smoke marijuana can lead to abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke.

Regardless of the THC content, the amount of tar inhaled by marijuana smokers and the level of carbon monoxide absorbed are three to five times greater than among tobacco smokers. This may be due to the marijuana users' inhaling more deeply and holding the smoke in the lungs and because marijuana smoke is unfiltered.

You can read more at http://www.ohsinc.com/marijuana_THC_grass.htm

Guest Donna

This may be due to the marijuana users' inhaling more deeply and holding the smoke in the lungs and because marijuana smoke is unfiltered.

I filtered mine! :mrgreen:

This may be due to the marijuana users' inhaling more deeply and holding the smoke in the lungs and because marijuana smoke is unfiltered.

:woot::) Pale

Guest fragged one

me too. only my filters are 2 ft. and 4 ft. long. :mrgreen:

Guest fragged one

okay, back to medicinal purposes. :mrgreen:

Concluding that greater harm is caused by the legal consequences of its prohibition than possible risks of medicinal use; therefore

1. Encourages research of the therapeutic properties of various cannabinoids and combinations of cannabinoids;

2. Encourages research on alternative methods of administration to decrease the harmful effects related to smoking; and

3. Urges the Administration and Congress to move expeditiously to make cannabis available as a legal medicine where shown to be safe and effective and to immediately allow access to therapeutic cannabis through the Investigational New Drug Program.

http://www.apha.org/legislative/policy/pol...ion=view&id=108

I for one would rather be around someone who is stoned on pot rather than drunk on booze.

I have yet to see someone turn mean and abusive on pot. Yet with booze I have.

IMO, booze cleary changes a persons behaviour etc. far more than pot does.

If science has proven that it is good for certain patients, then go for it.

I do not believe everything that doctors say. They don't know everything and that has been proven.....just look at that one drug they prescribed to many pregnant women to control morning sickness ( i think) and babies turned out deformed.

So why not make it legal for research purposes? After a more productive strain has been produced, release it for use such as morphine...

Guest fragged one

So why not make it legal for research purposes? After a more productive strain has been produced, release it for use such as morphine...

studies show that it works pretty well in it's current form. why not legalize it for medicinal purposes, and at the same time, legalize research?

I for one would rather be around someone who is stoned on pot rather than drunk on booze.

OK....I hear ya.....

Me personally...I'd rather be around someone who's in a Great Mood without the need for artificial heightening....By any means..LOL!!

We all have decisions and choices..We're all entitled to make our own though ;) Pale

Guest Donna

.just look at that one drug they prescribed to many pregnant women to control morning sickness ( i think) and babies turned out deformed.

Thalidoimide

http://www.thalidomide.ca/en/index.html

My mother was given that while pregnant with me. Thank God she always forgets to take her pills.

Guest Donna

Pale, I think you would be surprised at how many people you are around who are in great mood because they are stoned and you just dont know it.

because i don't want to wear diapers again.  ;)

Keep yourself in shape and stay clean and you won't have to.  

If that was true, where did this joke come from?

Q: Do you wear Boxers or Briefs?

A: Depends.

Bladder control in elderly people can be a problem, and I assure it has no bearing on rather someone smokes pot or not.

For pot, the only voice it has are the "punks," meaning college and high school kids, which keeps it illegal.

I'd have to disagree with this as well. I smoked pot for 30 years, and even though I quit years ago, I still speak up for it. And I am not, nor have I ever been a "punk". By the way, I ain't stoopid, neither... :mrgreen:

The birth control pills are a bad stab at making promiscuity okay...just my opinion though...

If it is given by doctors, for medicinal purposes, and not given at a whim, fine. Sold over the counter for anyone, not fine.

Pale, I think you would be surprised at how many people you are around who are in great mood because they are stoned and you just dont know it.

LMAO!!....No Donna.....Actually I would'nt....

:woot: Pale

Okay, the only majority voice, how's that?

Yes, but wouldn't you agree that by refraining from the use of such substances that your health would greatly benefit from it and you would have a lower possibility of health problems? We have enough things these days anyway that gum up the works...we may as well keep what we can out, wouldn't you say?