Sign in to follow this  
volt

Canadian Goverment

Guest fragged one

And he huffed and he puffed and he dropped dead on the floor, dumb as a brick...

marijuana has never directly caused any death. ;)

Lung cancer? Stupidity? They both work well enough :P Granted, if you take a puff here and a puff there, you're not going to get that dumb, but for the people who are going to be in a perpetual high...just look at Snoop Dogg...the man is paranoid and not too bright. He says he getting of it, so here's hoping...

Guest fragged one

Lung cancer? Stupidity? They both work well enough :P Granted, if you take a puff here and a puff there, you're not going to get that dumb, but for the people who are going to be in a perpetual high...just look at Snoop Dogg...the man is paranoid and not too bright. He says he getting of it, so here's hoping...

jander, you're a cool cat, but i'm surprised at your inept ignorance here.

smoking marijuana can cause lung cancer.

smoking marijuana does not cause stupidity, as you say. it does cause mental impairment (just as any drug does, including alcohol) while using, but it is for a short period of time (just as with any drug). i suppose it is possible to smoke yourself stupid, just as it is to drink yourself stupid, but that would take years and years and years of smoking massive amounts of marijuana nearly everyday.

it's interesting that you bring up snoop dogg. he quit smoking marijuana several years ago. have you ever read or seen a serious interview with him? i know, there are very few, but he is a very intelligent man.

He is smart when he's clean...I really didn't plan on getting into a discussion on drugs, because, as you say, I am quite ignorant in the area. What I do know is it isn't good for your body. Any person who seriously likes life and wants to stay on this rock for very long doesn't do it. Granted, once or twice may not kill you or have too many bad effects. The one thing is addiction, which does have some bad effects. In high school, my dad was the best in the district in any sport he played and even set a few records. That is, until he made the bad decision to try pot. It totally screwed his life up. Grades went from As and Bs down to new depths, sports was joke, and any seriousness was gone. The fact that his choice of just doing some pot here and there screwed his chances of college and many other things up. This exact same thing has happened to many people I know, and no one can tell me that pot doesn't have bad results. Sure, there are the few that can smoke it for decades and just decide to quit, but don't tell me that their lungs aren't takin' some flak from all that.

And yes, I've just read recently about Snoop, and the man is still paranoid like he's got dogs from hell coming after him

Guest fragged one

hey jander. you do realize that you're going to die whether you use 'bad things' or not, right?

Guest fragged one

Sure, but why not prolong it?

because i don't want to wear diapers again. ;)

Keep yourself in shape and stay clean and you won't have to. I have a great aunt that is about to hit 100, and she is more fit than I am :P She exercises every day and has just stayed clean and fit her entire life...she looks young and goes places every day...

Guest fragged one

it's a different mentality. i know that i could die at any moment from any number of things happening to me, and i feel that i should have a good time and experience everything i can here on earth, rather than 'play it safe'.

I dunno...If it is sincerely being used for medicinal purposes..I say, let it be legal, just as any other drug..Prescribed..

If it's being used by those who need to run away from lifes concerns, can't handle the ups and downs of reality without getting stoned and feel the need constantly to hide in a joint so they have some kind of an escape from the *Oh Woes Me's*...I say, treat it like any other illegal substance...

Book Em....Danno!!.....LOL!! :woot:

Mind Ya...I've seen a fair share of drugs and the pitfalls......

Guest fragged one

I dunno...If it is sincerely being used for medicinal purposes..I say, let it be legal, just as any other drug..Prescribed..

If it's being used by those who need to run away from lifes concerns, can't handle the ups and downs of reality without getting stoned and feel the need constantly to hide in a joint so they have some kind of an escape from the *Oh Woes Me's*...I say, treat it like any other illegal substance...

Book Em....Danno!!.....LOL!!  :woot:

yes! let's make alcohol, cigarettes, and caffeine illegal too! ya know, just so we can be consistent at least. ;)

because we know just how much these people harm you. i'll bet half of everyone in here gets harrassed and robbed by these people monthly.

Edited by fragged one

Book Em....Danno!!.....LOL!!  :woot:

yes! let's make alcohol, cigarettes, and caffeine illegal too! ya know, just so we can be consistent at least. ;)
Well..I guess if they ban Caffeine....I'm in trouble....LOL!!

But the last time I drank 12 cups in a row I believe I was cool....LOL!!

Smoking Drugs and Caffeine in coffee are not even close to the same type of situation....If your going to promote the forgone,.......Carry On..I'll watch ;)

Pale

You don't have to walk around everywhere with pillows on...What you do is your choice...if you would like to kill yourself slowly, it's a shame, but it's your choice. I'm not devoid of any of this fun. I drink occasionally, but I don't see any purpose drowning out my life with it. It's "rush" is only temporary, and doesn't offer anything but a bad head ache. Smoking doesn't interest me, so I don't find any pleasure in it. I've chosen not to shoot drugs or smoke pot because, again, it doesn't offer me any real pleasure. The real fun in life for me is to be here at the Pit, ride motorcycles, play bass and guitar, eat, and be with friends and family. I'm sorry for anyone who feels like drink and drugs can replace or add to any of those.

Guest fragged one

Well..I guess if they ban Caffeine....I'm in trouble....LOL!!

But the last time I drank 12 cups in a row I believe I was cool....LOL!!

Smoking Drugs and Caffeine in coffee are not even close to the same type of situation....If your going to promote the forgone,.......Carry On..I'll watch ;)

Pale

oh? how is alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine different from thc? hell, the first three are addictive, thc isn't. i guess that's the difference.

Edited by fragged one

Did I ever say those shouldn't be? Frankly, I could do without alcohol and caffeine. If the entire world was off of those three, plus other drugs (except for medicinal purposes administered by a doctor, the world would be a far better place.

Guest fragged one

You don't have to walk around everywhere with pillows on...What you do is your choice...if you would like to kill yourself slowly, it's a shame, but it's your choice. I'm not devoid of any of this fun. I drink occasionally, but I don't see any purpose drowning out my life with it. It's "rush" is only temporary, and doesn't offer anything but a bad head ache. Smoking doesn't interest me, so I don't find any pleasure in it. I've chosen not to shoot drugs or smoke pot because, again, it doesn't offer me any real pleasure. The real fun in life for me is to be here at the Pit, ride motorcycles, play bass and guitar, eat, and be with friends and family. I'm sorry for anyone who feels like drink and drugs can replace or add to any of those.

i agree with you. ;)

however, i've never seen anyone give any viable explanation as to why we are allowed to partake in alcoholic beverages, but not marijuana. neither are harmless, obviously, but they are similar in quite a few ways.

Guest fragged one

Did I ever say those shouldn't be? Frankly, I could do without alcohol and caffeine. If the entire world was off of those three, plus other drugs (except for medicinal purposes administered by a doctor, the world would be a far better place.

that was meant to be in response to palerider, not you. ;):P

I drink occasionally,   It's "rush" is only temporary,

There ya go......Truer woids was neva spoken.......Mugsy..;)

It's all about taking control of *Your Life*....Staying on top, and refusing to let the attitudes of others change yours..

My most favorite saying....One that I live by and strongly convict to everyday..

Don't blame others.....For your state of mind!!...Get On With It!!

Pale

oh? how is alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine different from thc? hell, the first three are addictive, thc isn't. i guess that's the difference.

Well......If you think that Caffeine and THC are in the same ballpark..

Have a Good Night..LOL!! ;) Pale

Guest fragged one

why can't anyone tell me why it's okay to drink occasionally, but not consume marijuana occasionally?

why can't anyone tell me why it's okay to drink occasionally, but not consume marijuana occasionally?

Go ahead and Master your Ship there Captain......It's your life..

I've seen far to much and deal with this issue on a very regular basis....I've seen the wrath of life....Against all kinds of teens....litterally 1000's who feel as do you...

My input.....*Ride The Wind*...Someone will be there for you when and if you need guidance..There always is. ;)

PS.....By the way.....Marijuana...Is illegal...Alcohol is not..I'm guessing that's why folks aren't saying....Split the Dube...Yoe!! ;)

Edited by Palerider

I think the only reason it [alcohol] isn't still outlawed is because too many people all over the country do it. Politicians, school teachers, clergy, pilots, big wigs, blue collar workers...every class of person. For pot, the only voice it has are the "punks," meaning college and high school kids, which keeps it illegal. If alcohol and pot weren't abused like it is, I wouldn't have one problem with it, but it is, so I do.

Guest Donna

. If the entire world was off of those three, plus other drugs (except for medicinal purposes administered by a doctor, the world would be a far better place.

This is what this thread started out as.

It is used for medicinal proposes here. Administered by a DR.

They can't fragged. Becuase there is no difference.

Pale, Ive got more whacked on a few pots of Coffee, than I have on some good BC bud.

Guest fragged one

pale. i fail to see why you continue to post. you haven't said anything different, or more importantly, relevant since this discussion started. :)

are you some kind of counselor or something? you seem to have a hardon for concentrating on mental demise.

anyhow, i figured i'd post this for those of you that actually know what the word 'think' means.

Smoked marijuana contains about the same amount of carcinogens as does an equivalent amount of tobacco. It should be remembered, however, that a heavy tobacco smoker consumes much more tobacco than a heavy marijuana smoker consumes marijuana. This is because smoked tobacco, with a 90% addiction rate, is the most addictive of all drugs while marijuana is less addictive than caffeine. Two other factors are important. The first is that paraphernalia laws directed against marijuana users make it difficult to smoke safely. These laws make water pipes and bongs, which filter some of the carcinogens out of the smoke, illegal and, hence, unavailable. The second is that, if marijuana were legal, it would be more economical to have cannabis drinks like bhang (a traditional drink in the Middle East) or tea which are totally non-carcinogenic. This is in stark contrast with "smokeless" tobacco products like snuff which can cause cancer of the mouth and throat. When all of these facts are taken together, it can be clearly seen that the reverse is true: marijuana is much SAFER than tobacco.