Change Mode

(Overclocking This System) - Memory Timings..

Hey guys, just wondering if i could have any tips for my new machine and advice for a first timer overclock on this system in my techexpress.. im not watercooling, just allot of fans in use in with the Antec Nine Hundred case, temps arearound 25-30..what do you think i can do to this system?

Spec's

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.20Ghz

Winfast 6150M2MA FAB 2.0

128kb primary memory cache

512kb secondary memory cache

Board: WinFast 6150M2MA FAB2.0

Bus Clock: 201 megahertz

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 686W1D28 01/19/2008

I have taken photos of my BIOS.. please tell me if my system is avaible for overclock and how i would go around about do it..all help very appriciated!

This is the Screen During POST

Posted ImagePosted Image

IN BIOS MAIN MENU

Posted Image

CENTRAL CONTROL UNIT

Posted Image

DRAM CONFIGURATION

Posted Image

ADVANCED BIOSFEATURES

Posted Image

PC HEALTH STATUS AT THE MOMENT

Posted Image

Thanks again as always :)

Edited by bozzer31

Hey guys, just wondering if i could have any tips for my new machine and advice for a first timer overclock on this system in my techexpress.. im not watercooling, just allot of fans in use in with the Antec Nine Hundred case, temps arearound 25-30..what do you think i can do to this system?

Spec's

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.20Ghz

Winfast 6150M2MA FAB 2.0

128kb primary memory cache

512kb secondary memory cache

Board: WinFast 6150M2MA FAB2.0

Bus Clock: 201 megahertz

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 686W1D28 01/19/2008

I have taken photos of my BIOS.. please tell me if my system is avaible for overclock and how i would go around about do it..all help very appriciated!

This is the Screen During POST

Posted ImagePosted Image

IN BIOS MAIN MENU

Posted Image

CENTRAL CONTROL UNIT

Posted Image

DRAM CONFIGURATION

Posted Image

ADVANCED BIOSFEATURES

Posted Image

PC HEALTH STATUS AT THE MOMENT

Posted Image

Thanks again as always :)

Yes you can.

You see where it says CPU Frequency, change that from 200 to 210. This would set you to 2.3ghz without a voltage increase.

This little OC lets you go without changing voltages or any other options.

For RAM speed, make sure it doesnt pass DDR2 930 and set the timings to 5-5-5-15, TRFC 42 (if possible) and command rate 2T. set the volts to 2.0v for ram, I think thats like +.20v on Vdimm voltage select.

Next set the CPU voltage up +.05000v to give you around a 1.4v CPU voltage (Vcore voltage)

Upping the CPU volts leaves you room to about 2.4*ghz without crashing. but make sure you have aftermarket cooling

heycheers!.. my max timeings on RAM are 800Mhz with this board..so i just up the frequency a lil bit and tht will be ok right?

What do you mean max timings?

timings are the

Cas latency, and those other ones I forget the names. Usually follow 4-4-4-12 (which are considered tight timings, bad for overclocking) and then 5-5-5-15 (looser timings and lets a higher MHZ on ram ffor overclocking)

your RAM speeds on that kit can go all the way up to DDR2 1000 at 2.2v before you should start backing off. When you OC the CPU, the RAM automatically will go up as well

when i set the timing the mode to manual i can then change the memory clock which is at 800Mhz which is the max value i can get to.. where do i change the timings to 5-5-5-15 does the max value 800Mhz that my board is set to take not matter? i cant see what i can put up?

cheers elkido

Edited by bozzer31

Well Bozz, I'm not an AMD man, but I think its something like this for you.

In BIOS - CPU Frequency - Press enter - set to 210

This will increase you CPU to 2310 (210 x 11)

Your dram clock will be 420 - dram speed will be 840mhz

Like I said, not an AMD user, but I do have a 975X7AB Foxconn board.

As you play, you might have to raise certain voltages, "VDIMM Voltage Select"

"VCORE Voltage Select".

Good Luck

Another thing you might want to check - I noticed in your pictures (PC Health) that the voltages

seem to be really low. What power supply do you have?

Remember that not enough power, can hurt just as much as to much power.

That depends on how cheap it is! If it is a really cheap PSU I would get a different one.But a good 500 watt PSU is enough to power what you. Since you only have one hard drive. How many fans do you have in it?

Edit: Also it does not show you have a fan on your cpu.. Do you? At least your cpu is staying cool and not heating up yet.

Edited by lugnut

Yup! RAH is right on the CPU Frequency...just hit "enter" and run it up about 10Mhz or hit the + sign on the right side of keyboard.....

Right below that DRAM Configuration....hit "enter" and on the next page go to "Timing Mode", hit "enter", or the + sign on the right side of keyboard again and set to "Manual". You'll be presented with timings like CAS, RAS to CAS, etc., the first 3 should be set to 5-5-5 and usually the next to 15 (5-5-5-15). Command Rate should be 2t or 2n and if you see a TREF option, set it around 42-45 as elkido recommended if possible.

RAH is also right about the voltages....

:geezer:

That depends on how cheap it is! If it is a really cheap PSU I would get a different one.But a good 500 watt PSU is enough to power what you. Since you only have one hard drive. How many fans do you have in it?

Edit: Also it does not show you have a fan on your cpu.. Do you? At least your cpu is staying cool and not heating up yet.

I do have a fan on my CPU its a "GoldenOrb"- just some aftermarket cooling i picked up, The fans i have come complete with the Antec Nine Hundred Gameing Case thats a big 200mm fan on top..2 at front, 1 at side and 1 and back, 1 on the CPU and 1 with the PSU of course :) ..

As for my CPU fan not showing up in BIOS im useing a Molex connector for the power nothing is plugged into the 3-Pin CPU Fan connector on my mobo as not enought power was being produced, this must be why its not showing up! please correct me if im wrong tho Lugnut! :)

Thanks!

Edited by bozzer31

Yup! RAH is right on the CPU Frequency...just hit "enter" and run it up about 10Mhz or hit the + sign on the right side of keyboard.....

Right below that DRAM Configuration....hit "enter" and on the next page go to "Timing Mode", hit "enter", or the + sign on the right side of keyboard again and set to "Manual". You'll be presented with timings like CAS, RAS to CAS, etc., the first 3 should be set to 5-5-5 and usually the next to 15 (5-5-5-15). Command Rate should be 2t or 2n and if you see a TREF option, set it around 42-45 as elkido recommended if possible.

RAH is also right about the voltages....

Firstlly Thanks for the reply i tried doing as you said althought there are allot me timings and settings and things so i have got a little muddled up and confussed.. i tried playing around with it all and just ended up with two continuous BIOS beeps and finding my self having to reset the CMOS many's of times,

here is a picture of the CAS, RAS Timings and options you said.. what needs to be what!!? thank you all so much so far! - This is becomeing a never ending mission! im sorry! :surrender:

By the Way the RAM im useing is some:Corsair XMS6400 4GB DDR2 (2x2GB) 800Mhz Non-ECC

MY "DRAM2 TIMINGS/SETTINGS AT THE MOMENT

Posted Image

Also guys.. do i need to have the Memory Clock Value or Limit set at DDR2 800.. My RAM is 800MHz At the moment but do i set this to 800 or does it read it as 400MHz for each Stick/Module? so i need this as [DDR2 400] or is it [DDR2 800] Thanks!!!

Posted Image

Edited by bozzer31

Firstlly Thanks for the reply i tried doing as you said althought there are allot me timings and settings and things so i have got a little muddled up and confussed.. i tried playing around with it all and just ended up with two continuous BIOS beeps and finding my self having to reset the CMOS many's of times,

here is a picture of the CAS, RAS Timings and options you said.. what needs to be what!!? thank you all so much so far! - This is becomeing a never ending mission! im sorry! :surrender:

By the Way the RAM im useing is some:Corsair XMS6400 4GB DDR2 (2x2GB) 800Mhz Non-ECC

MY "DRAM2 TIMINGS/SETTINGS AT THE MOMENT

Posted Image

Also guys.. do i need to have the Memory Clock Value or Limit set at DDR2 800.. My RAM is 800MHz At the moment but do i set this to 800 or does it read it as 400MHz for each Stick/Module? so i need this as [DDR2 400] or is it [DDR2 800] Thanks!!!

Posted Image

O.K.....you should have this:

Tcl - 5

Trcd - 5

Trp - 5

Tras - 15

1t/2t timing - 2t

Now leave the Mem clock Value @ DDR2 800, however if you like you can see if it will raise to a little higher Mhz like 1066.

O.K.....you should have this:

Tcl - 5

Trcd - 5

Trp - 5

Tras - 15

1t/2t timing - 2t

Now leave the Mem clock Value @ DDR2 800, however if you like you can see if it will raise to a little higher Mhz like 1066.

Thank you very much! thats all i needed to know.. i will do this tonight and reply back if all works im sure it will thank again!! :lol:

The boards max Value/Limit was 800Mhz so i dout i can get 1066 but thanks!!

Boz. :)

Edited by bozzer31

If you click on "MaxMemClock", it should open up, and you will have a value of

"NoUserLimit". You can then change it, I think.

Also depending on the ram model, you might can get the timing of 4-4-4-12 with no problem.

:)

If you click on "MaxMemClock", it should open up, and you will have a value of

"NoUserLimit". You can then change it, I think.

Also depending on the ram model, you might can get the timing of 4-4-4-12 with no problem.

:)

Thanks RAH..is this timing better my RAM is Corsair XMS6400 4GB DDR2 (2x2GB) 800Mhz Non-ECC

should i try you timings first?

Thanks! Boz.

Well like I said I don't have any AMD boards, not in years.

The memory should have the timings right on them, as mine

have 6400C4, which is 4-4-4-12. But the Corsairs need 2.1V

for that. Or mine do.

You have the voltage up enough?

IIRC about all memory with tight timings need more voltage.

Most 1066 memory is just 800 that can be overclocked with more voltage.

I think most DDR2 is set for 1.8v by default.

With your board, VDIMM voltage would be 0.30 for 2.1V, I think.

Mine is the XMS2 version though.

Edited by RAH

Well like I said I don't have any AMD boards, not in years.

The memory should have the timings right on them, as mine

have 6400C4, which is 4-4-4-12. But the Corsairs need 2.1V

for that. Or mine do.

You have the voltage up enough?

IIRC about all memory with tight timings need more voltage.

Most 1066 memory is just 800 that can be overclocked with more voltage.

I think most DDR2 is set for 1.8v by default.

With your board, VDIMM voltage would be 0.30 for 2.1V, I think.

Mine is the XMS2 version though.

I'm with RAH here, bump up your RAM voltage to 2.1/2.2v and be sure to bump up the voltage on your CPU, maybe 1.4/1.45vcore

Edited by caintry_boy

I'm with RAH here, bump up your RAM voltage to 2.1/2.2v and be sure to bump up the voltage on your CPU, maybe 1.4/1.45vcore

RAM is is Also XMS2! ive managed to up the RAM voltage.. But not sure what to put the Vcore on.. as the options are displayed like [0.1000v]-[0.3000v] i cant see [1.400V] max setting is [0.3000] maybe a little higher.

Thanks!

Edited by bozzer31

Hey bozzer31, don't give up on us.....is there anywhere that you can see to adjust the Northbridge voltage? It'll say something like nforce 430 MCP or MCH.....

Ok i wont! :) .. and i don think so should it be in a different place to the CCU Screen?.. as far as i can see i dont tink i can :S?

Thanks!

Edited by bozzer31