Change Mode

Hey guys, anyways, im downloading :fallout3: and wanted to make sure i could run the game very well. i picked up a OEM GTX 260 at newegg for 172$ msi 896mb. hopefully they overclock a little better then the 4850's did.

Does anyone have a GTX260? Do u have it overclocked?

Anyways, i made the mistake to place the order saturday, so even though ive been charged nothing will be sent out till monday.

No I still think CPU wise you have headroom. Maybe an upgrade for that would be your next bet though

Why did you get the GTx 260? I think your 4850 wouldve slaughtered fallout 3 :)

Unless he is looking at the GTX260 Core 216, that card is damn good and also gives the 4870 a good run.. I think that card is very worth it, especially as I said it gives very good competition to the 4870 and nvidia card manufacturers = better companies + plus lifetime warranty + some also have double lifelines, that is you can sell your card and transfer the warranty to somebody else. Whereas ATI cards, the warranties on them bloody suck..

Unless he is looking at the GTX260 Core 216, that card is damn good and also gives the 4870 a good run.. I think that card is very worth it, especially as I said it gives very good competition to the 4870 and nvidia card manufacturers = better companies + plus lifetime warranty + some also have double lifelines, that is you can sell your card and transfer the warranty to somebody else. Whereas ATI cards, the warranties on them bloody suck..

visiontek, Lifetime warranty. :clap:

Nvidia is putting a hole in their own pocket with these constant refreshes and failures. The core 216 is fast, but why didnt they just make the original good? Same as the 8800GTS? A company that does this makes me think twice about going to them.

but a Company like AMD who cant make their flippin cards work correctly on a TV and a lovable OS called XP really grinds my gears. :rofl2:

btw, didnt the graphics on fallout 3 kinda suckk?

Hey guys good hearing from ya. Well its actually a long story. i found my self looking at video cards, and its not the new core 216. its just the original gtx 260. although! I found it OEM for 172$ on newegg. and i purchased it and payed for it, but turns out newegg was out of stock. so there sending me a retail one for 172$. :b33r: i feel lucky! i purchased a new powersupply so i could power it as well. and yess very CPU limited i am. i will be upgrading that very shortly. i sold the hd4850 for nearly what i paid for the gtx 260. so i came out really well. and i have realized in some games where u modify the texture resolutions for example oblivion at 4096/4096 ground and wall textures, or Grid fixed at ultra high settings, will fold a 512mb video card in half. :mrgreen:

Anyways, my cpu upgrade will be coming soon.

hopefully i can get the card up to like, 650/ 1400/ 2400 :lol::tup:

ok i got my new PSU today, antec 1000 for 170$. sounds good! installed that. from the tracking info my video card posted in raliegh today! so i will have it tomorrow. cant wait to overclock!!!!! man im cpu limited :blink: come on tax refund time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I got the GTX 260 today, and the card was retail sealed in box! although, it was a factory overclocked as well! it was clocked at 647mhz core/1300mhz shaders 2200mhz memory! this is a great deal for 170$ fallout 3 is blazing fast! wow! i have not tested benchmarks yet, although i have not overclocked the card either. im curious to see how far it will go!!!! what u guys think for 170$? newegg is #1 :b33r:

By the way, the card just barely fit in my case. it had about 1mm of clearance. i thought i was going to have to cut my case up to make it fit.

and for overclocking im sure the card is almost maxed out on the core for the voltage its getting. although, its funny. i was hoping to get the reference model to these clocks, and i already got these clocks. maybe 660 core ? :lol:

Edited by burned-ati