Change Mode

FREE Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 v16 Serial # Valid For 3 Yrs.

Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 normally cost $49.95 per year. To get your free Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 serial number that is valid for 3 years (value of $150), follow the few simple steps below.

1. Go to this page http://www.sccoast.net/tools/internetsecurity/download.php and note down the serial number.

2. Download Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 v16.1 from the link below.

http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/tis....1_1063_x32.exe

3. After downloading, run the installer, enter serial number that you got from step 1 and proceed with the installation.

4. After installing, you’ll need to activate Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 by providing your first name, last name, email address and country. Restart when you’re asked to.

Thanks to Raymond CC for the tip.

Is Trend Micro any good?

I used it for a year and liked it at first but it started getting REALLY flaky and pretty intrusive. At one point it "found" 91 trojans when my puter had been off for days and nothing was found during full scan before shutdown. It's relatively light on resources but man ohh man, if you use outlook or OLExpress be prepared to wait a while for the spam filter to load. It doesn't play well w/ other security/scanners even if they aren't real time protectors. FWIW, I switched to Norton from that if that says anything and I always said I'd NEVER use a Symantec product but all the research I could find pointed to it being the best for '09

This is all MHO.

BTW, if I can think of anything else I'll post up.

No problem with SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard, but neither the 2007 or 2008 version of TrendMicro will install if Spybot is already installed.

I've been using it since 2003 when it was PC-cillin and I like it well enough that I uninstalled Spybot to continue using the Trend Micro product. It is the only thing I've used (Other than the original McAfee antivirus) that 1) has never slowed down my computer and 2) catches all 4 EICAR test viruses before they can even download.

Last time I tested for this, some of the top-rated and most-popular programs were one click away from opening the layered zip file. Yes, they caught it, but I prefer a program that will not even downoad it.

I started using pc cillin before '03 myself. I really liked it then but somewhere around '05 they added a spy program, a firewall, email program and it had gotten very bloated in my opinion. I gave it up for another antivirus that was just an antivirus program and I'm still happy with that program today, but I'm a minimalists at heart. I think that if you need an all-in-one security program, then trend is o.k. ....just not what I would use

Edited by Joe C

Thanks Joe C. Yeah I'm not too big on those suites either, but for a 3 year license I figure I could give it a go. Uninstall still works on my computer.

I'm looking for thumbs up now. Anybody?

Mark

Just wondering, is this a limited offer of some kind ?

Just wondering due to the following line:-

All HTC residential internet customers can now update or install

FREE Trend Micro Internet Security Suite – a $49.95 value.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up uninstalling it completely. The program kept finding false positives in my Hosts file. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the program to ignore/exclude my Hosts file.

I forgot to mention I reinstalled after restoring a system image pre-Trend Micro. :P

Mark