Sign in to follow this  
duanester

comcast 16 mbit blast

the biggest con i see is that you have to have COMCAST!!!!

I really hate comcast... but its gimmicky, its not true download speed its a quick burst, and if your only downloading small files then its 15 seconds versus ten... you know?

in the add they don't compare it to speedboost, they do say speedboost is included.

i am a bit troubled of what happened to a member here, bear' states that his downloads stopped at 2 gigs, just wondering if this package was affected.

Comcast is working good where I am at. Way faster then any dsl service in my area.

Posted Image

Edited by edw6698

i have blast and it is fast..

have you downloaded files larger than 2 gigs in size ?

have you downloaded files larger than 2 gigs in size ?

I have not had to download files of that size.

i need to see if they limit http and ftp downloads, if they do' i will not get their service.

works great in my area, very fast.

downloads depend on the server your getting it from. but the fastest i've downloaded was 3 gigs in 20 minutes give or take

works great in my area, very fast.

downloads depend on the server your getting it from. but the fastest i've downloaded was 3 gigs in 20 minutes give or take

please include how you obtained the file !

example: ftp, bt, http ?

also include if it was an iso, zip, rar, exe etc.......

I have comcast, yes they are fast

yes they limit you in two way's

1. 250 gig monthly cap

2. 2.0 gig per file size

My post in Linux

could someone that has comcast 16 mbit blast download this iso file

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/....0-DVD-i386.iso

please tell me if it stops and where it stopped at :)

thanks

Oh sure get a comcast user to do your bidding :P

My suggestion is find someone who has the file and enough storage or bandwidth and use

Quick Par file splitter with recovery

Edited by Bear

stopped just as always right at 2.0 gig

I am getting ready to burn a few dvd's but I can not find the check sum for the link duanester posted

would someone be so kind to point me to the location

Bear

you do realize 250gb a month is a huge cap right? most people dont even come close to that... half of it at max.. it will be different if they capped the 50mb tier with docsis 3.0... 250 is plenty though... my 2 cents

you do realize 250gb a month is a huge cap right? most people dont even come close to that... half of it at max.. it will be different if they capped the 50mb tier with docsis 3.0... 250 is plenty though... my 2 cents

Yes I know how much 250 gig is, but the cap or size is not the point.The point is it is there period. I have had a Comcast account of one kind or another for roughly the last twenty or so years and at no time in any terms of service or contract did ever mention any thing about cap's throttling or in any way limiting service. There is something about your speed not being guaranteed though.

I pay a lot of money every month for a service that Comcast can not provide ( like many others) and expect to be provided with that service, I am not nor have I ever been in the top 1% of bandwidth usage and I think it is a crock that I should be treated like I am.

If you Google you will find that there has always been some unknown cap with Comcast that untill October no one could tell you what it was, but you would get shut down if you went over.

The bottom line is the interstructure is outdated and rather than up grade Comcast would rather pass on their lack of planing to it's customers. I worked as a contractor for installs and up grades and can tell you that Comcast has a patch work system.

To me it seems pretty silly with all the legal download and streaming sites that one of the largest providers can't keep up with the demand and for some unknown reason wont do more than pass the buck

Bear

lmao, i have a 10Gig cap on my 2 meg connection. i go over every month, but can' justify paying an additional 30 dollars/month for a 5 meg connection and 20Gig cap.

then i'm told that my speeds are being effected by 2 or 3 people in town that are 24/7 using their connections at full. they couldn't explain how this was possible being a 2 meg connection AND their being a cap, but i degress.

as far as the nations internet backbone, it is crap and some studies they were talking about on the news said we're near capacity nationwide. they suggested that if a new infastructure wasn't put in place, we'd all be seeing longer and longer delays and slower speeds as the isp wouldn't be able to keep up. i guess this is why the cap limits are becoming a big deal now.