Sign in to follow this  
cL1cKm3.exe

anyone try Vista SP2 yet?

I wouldn't be too worried about it yet guys, from what I have seen elsewhere what this is is not much more than a pre-beta release only intended for limited users. It will be several months before they get SP2 out.

First half of 2009, maybe as early as end of December.

Or shortly after it gets to the RC1 or RC2 stage. For anyone that thinks they need to try it here's a few of the highlights of what is new,

In addition to previously released updates since the launch of Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2 contains changes focused on supporting new types of hardware and adding support for several emerging standards:

* Windows Vista SP2 adds Windows Search 4.0 for faster and improved relevancy in searches.

* Windows Vista SP2 contains the Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack supporting the most recent specification for Bluetooth Technology.

* Ability to record data on to Blu-Ray media natively in Windows Vista.

* Adds Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi Configuration.

* Windows Vista SP2 enables the exFAT file system to support UTC timestamps, which allows correct file synchronization across time zones.

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsv...ack-2-beta.aspx

Nothing really worth it in there IMO.

Windows search - slows computer down

Bluetooth - having anything wireless on your computer is

Blu-ray native recording - any recordin done in windows sucks

WCN - hmmm could be useful...i dunno how much more simple you can get to connect to wifi that is secure tho.

exFAT - i guess usefull for a business. Not many consumers would have any use for it.

From what i read in the article is that it will add support for USB 3.0 as well.

took a while before it showed up for me in updates. but

unless they changed it again or blocked it by now it should be:

@echo off

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSp2 /f > NUL 2>&1

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSP2 /f > NUL 2>&1

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSp2 /v Beta1 /t REG_SZ /d C21A5C64-2530-CC19-042F-9ABDB4ED27F9 /f

IF NOT %errorlevel% == 0 ( goto ERROR)

:SUCCESS

@echo.

echo ================================================== =========

echo Windows Vista SP2 registry key has been set successfully.

echo Please check for updates in Windows Update.

@echo.

goto END

:ERROR

@echo.

echo FAILED to set Windows Vista SP2 registry keys.

echo Please run this script by right clicking and selecting

echo "Run as Administrator".

@echo.

goto END

:END

pause

Windows search - slows computer down

Blu-ray native recording - any recordin done in windows sucks

WCN - hmmm could be useful...i dunno how much more simple you can get to connect to wifi that is secure tho.

exFAT - i guess usefull for a business. Not many consumers would have any use for it.

From what i read in the article is that it will add support for USB 3.0 as well.

ah, explians why i didnt notice anything. i read some people reported it being faster though. i have SSD drive which is already near instant so i cant really tell.

Don't quite think I am :filtered:, or mentally handicapped in anyway.

Interesting.

I use bluetooth.

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I have wireless surveillance cameras.

I use a wireless sprint broadband card.

I also use wifi.

Ummmm isn't wifi wireless? :rolleyes:

Dude your turning that into a personal attack which is pretty weak.

Wireless devices on a computer are just an extra thing that goes wrong and the batteries have to be changed or charged up. Playing a game and your keyboard and mouse go out in a raid or comp will be awesome news to tell. It's a personal preference that was clearly noted before I began as well... thus the IMO. :)

and no... while wifi, bluetooth, and other wireless devices connect on the same 2.4gHz frequency that isn't the topic.

Also, your sprint card is cellular which is a totally different spectrum and another topic.

Sorry for the use of the word that is a synonym of mental disability ... I guess that's a nono word now? ... I guess I'll have to choose the words to fit my expressions more wisely in the future.

Not sure why this thread is in Games and Gear, seems to me like it would be more appropriate in Tech Talk. I'll move it over there and leave a redirect here so everyone can find it... ;) -kd5-