Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

PSP Hacks

Perfectly legal.

In fact one of the most reputable publishers in the computer/technology industry even has a book and web pages describing the many methods of hacking "your hardware" device ;)

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596101435/

Other sties

http://www.psp-hacks.com/

Reputable gizmodo has articles.

http://gizmodo.com/5034551/how-to-hack-you...r-homebrew-apps

By a book at Amazon.com

http://gizmodo.com/5034551/how-to-hack-you...r-homebrew-apps

The list of reputable companies with this information is abundant, too bad some people are so uninformed about things because they don't understand what "hack" means.

Edited by Bruce

bruce you can't use any other firmware or hardware on the psp unless its manufactures by sce :shrug:

You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PSP™ system; (ii) violate any laws, regulations or statutes, or rights of SCE or third parties in connection with your access to or use of the System Software, including the access, use, or distribution of any software or hardware that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated; (iii) use any hardware or software to cause the System Software to accept or use unauthorized, illegal, or pirated software or hardware;

eula

You most certainly can modify the hardware in anyway you want.

There isn't a court room in this country that would say you couldn't.

That is the reason the only thing they say in regard to you doing it is this.

Any violation of these restrictions may void the PSP™ system's warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from SCE or its affiliated companies.

In short, if you modify the unit you void the warranty. Thats it :P

well i went to a few sites (they had it step by step) but most of them Say (or dont say) you need a extra Psp Memory card with the CFW to make "your memory card" the CFW as well has anyone on these forms done this?

bruce that clearly states that it is illegal, the fact that they deny support also says it :P

from what i understand its no different from a windows eula, simply said no modifications, none' software or hardware, but then again i'm not a lawyer but its clearly obvious its a no no :lol:

well i hear on other forms that it is not illeagle? i dont know so ummm yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol but they have a battry that is out to reset the software so you can put your own on there??? wouldent that be illeagle ? they sell it at a game store here?

i would contact sony customer support and ask them.

of course i take no responsibility for what ever may happen when you call them !

Edited by duanester

bruce that clearly states that it is illegal, the fact that they deny support also says it :P

from what i understand its no different from a windows eula, simply said no modifications, none' software or hardware, but then again i'm not a lawyer but its clearly obvious its a no no :lol:

No it does not state that it is illegal. Not in anyway shape or form. It states many things, but nowhere does it state that it is illegal. It tries and attempts to scare people, but the fact remains that we are talking about a hardware device, and unlike "software" you don't license hardware, you purchase it, at which time it is yours to do with what you want.

Computer companies have already been down this road and have lost in court.

well i went to a few sites (they had it step by step) but most of them Say (or dont say) you need a extra Psp Memory card with the CFW to make "your memory card" the CFW as well has anyone on these forms done this?

psp hacks is the place you want to visit. they have simple how too's all you need to do is follow along with them.

also, there are countless videos on you tube on how to do this. videos are 5 min or less, so you can see it is quite simple and fast.

and for the people who think modifying your PSP is illegal, then I guess installing linux on a computer pre-installed with windows is illegal too :huh:

i can read, from what i read' i settle with it being illegal, you fella's can yack about it being legit all you wan't :lol:

is that why my first post is gone? noticed it was deleted and..... so when i installed Linux on my Windows computer which was a dell dose that mean that is bad to??? becuase i know windows has somthing that says the same thing

Edited by IceBear

i like my hacked PSP, have latest firmware. i can play Mame/turbografx16/nes/genesis/neogeo and even segaCD games all perfectly.

got an 8 gig memstick packed plum full

heck with the battery thing, i just instead bought a battery tool to do mine.