Change Mode

NVIDIA Offers Power Pack with Free Game ...

Hi all ,

Nvidia has launched Power Pack with new drivers , the Power Pack software can be downloaded separately , I must say that I noticed about a 12 % increase in FPS with my usual test ...Power pack offers a complete game , Warmonger ( Pretty cool Game , if you ask me ) free demos ( if you decide to install them ) etc .. check it out for yourself ... I know that this is old news , but haven't seen it posted here ...

http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

Edited by advanced61

Hi all ,

Nvidia has launched Power Pack with new drivers , the Power Pack software can be downloaded separately , I must say that I noticed about a 12 % increase in FPS with my usual test ...Power pack offers a complete game , Warmonger ( Pretty cool Game , if you ask me ) free demos ( if you decide to install them ) etc .. check it out for yourself ... I know that this is old news , but haven't seen it posted here ...

http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

It's a desperate attempt by nVidia to get back the marketshare that was beaten out of them by the 4800 series from AMD. Did nVidia ever release a "power pack" before they were dominated by AMD?

Edit: I forgot to add the obligatory :P.

In all seriousness though, nVidia is feeling the pain from the GTX2xx launch.

Edited by brandon

It's a desperate attempt by nVidia to get back the marketshare that was beaten out of them by the 4800 series from AMD. Did nVidia ever release a "power pack" before they were dominated by AMD?

Really , check out my core , and having fun , ... Are you saying that Intel is desperate ? You could always go with the Spider Platform ... look at my video card score , single GTX 260 @7300 FPS looking at the 4870 X2 @8400 FPS , thinking that I can beat it in SLI ... for $430.

Edited by advanced61

No, I'm saying that when the GTX280 was launched, it cost $650, and didn't perform much better than a $300 4870. So, they lowered prices significantly, and now that AMD basically has them cornered on all fronts, they are relying not on hardware, but software to tout as an advantage over AMD. I.e. Physx, Cuda, et al.

I'm not too sure how Intel got into this discussion, but I digress... The Spider platform is actually quite good. Regardless of Phenom's lower performance as compared to Intel's offerings, it's still a very powerful processor, and it can be paired with very good motherboards.

Oh, and I get ~9300 for my 3d score with a single 4870. You also don't take into consideration how well the 4870X2 performs in actual games.

Edit: For Bruce: Yes, their Linux drivers do suck, and I rather dislike them. They're buggy, (slow-ish), and unstable. However, I will give them credit for releasing all kinds of documentation which helps in the development of the open source RadeonHD driver.

Edited by brandon

No, I'm saying that when the GTX280 was launched, it cost $650, and didn't perform much better than a $300 4870. So, they lowered prices significantly, and now that AMD basically has them cornered on all fronts, they are relying not on hardware, but software to tout as an advantage over AMD. I.e. Physx, Cuda, et al.

I'm not too sure how Intel got into this discussion, but I digress... The Spider platform is actually quite good. Regardless of Phenom's lower performance as compared to Intel's offerings, it's still a very powerful processor, and it can be paired with very good motherboards.

Oh, and I get ~9300 for my 3d score with a single 4870. You also don't take into consideration how well the 4870X2 performs in actual games.

Edit: For Bruce: Yes, their Linux drivers do suck, and I rather dislike them. They're buggy, (slow-ish), and unstable. However, I will give them credit for releasing all kinds of documentation which helps in the development of the open source RadeonHD driver.

I tested Overdrive compared to 3DM06 , using FRAPS , real world In game FPS testing , Overdrive won , will write an article , if you want me to ... Well , how did Intel get into this ? ATI Graphics are going to be optimized for AMD processors ( AMD owns ATI ) and I believe that Intel is going to go with NVIDIA ... :boxing:

Edited by advanced61

I really hate to be "that guy", but perhaps both AMD & nVidia will continue to do what they have been doing all along, and be company neutral? I really don't see how you optimize a graphics card for a processor. The drivers, maybe, but then, they'd be cutting themselves out of a huge market by preferring one company over another.

The way they have it now, AMD & nVidia's GPUs work on almost all AGP & PCIe motherboards, regardless of the company it is made by, and that is the most profitable way to conduct business. Plus, Intel is already in enough hot water is at is. One false move could lead to the company being split up mercilessly by the government.

Edited by brandon

I really hate to be "that guy", but perhaps both AMD & nVidia will continue to do what they have been doing all along, and be company neutral? I really don't see how you optimize a graphics card for a processor. The drivers, maybe, but then, they'd be cutting themselves out of a huge market by preferring one company over another.

The way they have it now, AMD & nVidia's GPUs work on almost all AGP & PCIe motherboards, regardless of the company it is made by, and that is the most profitable way to conduct business. Plus, Intel is already in enough hot water is at is. One false move could lead to the company being split up mercilessly by the government.

LOL , Like I could really see our Government doing that , Since they bailed out Chrysler Corp , with $30,000,000,000 , to save jobs here in America ... and worldwide . Haven't you read the articles of AMD's future plans ? " On board chip " Anyway NVIDIA is not resting on it's laurels and will be back to show it to ATI , willing to bet a lunch on that . NVIDIA is more fun , I like driving a Chevy , playing games and having Premarital sex ... Woot .

that's just me though... Don't get all anal on me , OK ? I'd be happy to show you , how Overdrive compared to 3DM06 in real world gaming FPS predictions ...

Edited by advanced61