Change Mode

Guest dwfinch

is it really worth it?

I'd say no, if your a gamer, you can only see what your eyes are capable of. You've already got a top of the line vid card! It can handle any game you can throw at it!!!

If your going for 3D video benchmarking, and you have the extra money, then it's up to you!

Triple crossfire is the limit before you start to get really diminishing returns. You should see a decent performance gain in some games, but I doubt it will be as dramatic as it is going from a single 4870 to two in Crossfire.

Triple crossfire is the limit before you start to get really diminishing returns. You should see a decent performance gain in some games, but I doubt it will be as dramatic as it is going from a single 4870 to two in Crossfire.

well i just picked up a Vizio vw32 inch hdtv lcd for my bedroom and i was thinking about hookin my comp up to it. just figured id be better off with a third GPU if im gunna game in HD. then again maybe im ok now i picked it up at sears for just under 500 with a warranty

Edited by Vyses1

I'd say no, if your a gamer, you can only see what your eyes are capable of. You've already got a top of the line vid card! It can handle any game you can throw at it!!!

If your going for 3D video benchmarking, and you have the extra money, then it's up to you!

Gotta agree with dw here, two in Crossfire/SLI are plenty...more than that should only be for benchmarking towards a top score......

:geezer: