Change Mode

Computer is messed

Katergroip

Hello! I'm not sure if this issue is a virus or just something messed up in my computer, but there's definitely something wrong.

Not only is my computer running extremely slow, which is not normal, but it randomly gets a blue screen with white writing. It tells me I need to reboot because there was a problem, or something of the sort. This blue screen looks like a real windows screen, and I cannot do anything except press the power button, where the computer shuts down with only a split second tap.

There seems to be a bunch of new processes in my task manager as well: anbmServ.exe, EPM-DM.exe, BCMWLTRY.EXE, WLTRYSVC.EXE

This irks me, as it has happened three times now, and the computer will now allow me to enter in safe mode.

I recently had my computer wiped, and windows reinstalled because of that silly Antivirus XP 2008 virus, and now I cannot do any windows updates as instructed by the techy who reinstalled everything. I'm thinking perhaps the lack of updates may be the issue, but I don't want to risk updating when the techy told me not to.

Does anyone know the problem?

The first two have to do with your Acer laptop and searching says they can be removed, the others have to do with your broadband, those i would search a more on to see if they are really needed.

With out more info such as a screen shot the only advice i can give you is to update your virus protection and run a scan and run at least two on line scans as well.

Taking and posting a pit test would also be of great help.

There are so many issues related to the Blue Screen Of Death any other advice would be pretty useless at this point

Bear

I recently had my computer wiped, and windows reinstalled because of that silly Antivirus XP 2008 virus, and now I cannot do any windows updates as instructed by the techy who reinstalled everything.

Reading that makes me think something is fishy with the reinstall. Can you say WGA avoidance.

The techy didn't tell me exactly WHY he didn't want me to install windows updates, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the Windows Authentication update thing... It annoys me greatly that I am not allowed to update... but that was what I was told.

To describe the screen in more detail, it is light blue (kind of like the typical windows XP blue, if you get what I mean), and in white text, it says several things.

"You have encountered a problem" etc. It says it is wiping my temp memory, or something of the sort, and pops up at random. I tried a system restore, and so far, the screen has not appeared again.

It seems that since I got the silly thing, my internet has been running very slowly. I don't really see how something like this would effect my internet, but it's just an observation.

I will try the solutions offered to see if it clears up completely.

Your techy is a fraud from what I can tell by what you said.

He must of installed a illegal copy of XP. (don't updated it), no tech that is any good would say that.

As suggested Malwarebytes should have easily removed Antivirus XP 2008 with no problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...ntispyware-2009

With a new reinstall & protection programs there should not be problems that quick.

But then again I'm not a techy, just thinking that I have learned a little.

Do you have a XP Key number? A tag sometimes on the the PC.

Edited by law9933

I tried a system restore, and so far, the screen has not appeared again.

It will. The malware is still in your pc and will reappear in a couple of days/weeks.

By the sound of it he's done an over the top install rather than wipe the drive, then doing a fresh install of your OS.

I would not use that cowboy again to help with pc problems.

The Malware scan did not come up with anything wrong.

A New problem: The computer gets stuck in the transition to standby mode. I've tried turning OFF standby, but the computer still goes into it after a while.

I actually copied down exactly what the screen says when it goes blue and all that:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options suck as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0X0000000A (0X4F0689CC, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804EED80)

Beginning dump of physical memory

physical memory dump complete"

Now, I recently installed an HP printer, so I deleted everything concerning that, hoping it would solve the problem. So far, it has not.

I'm beginning to believe it actually IS my windows. What can I do about it?

I've had dozens of Acer products and the reason is because they are always great quality and the support is great even if you are out of warranty. If you call Acer they can send you out the recovery discs with just a charge of shipping. Whoever worked on your comp last was someone who likes to take shortcuts and doesnt care what happens in the long term. I hope you didnt pay him much. If he works for a retailer I would report him to the management.

I don't have the recovery disks -- This computer was "given" to me by my school for a program I was in. The whole "class" had to have the same brand of laptop. They imaged them all the same, and all that...

I payed the techy around 80$ -.-

I will try to call Acer, but I don't know what they can do.

Thank you.

Hello! I'm not sure if this issue is a virus or just something messed up in my computer, but there's definitely something wrong.

Not only is my computer running extremely slow, which is not normal, but it randomly gets a blue screen with white writing. It tells me I need to reboot because there was a problem, or something of the sort. This blue screen looks like a real windows screen, and I cannot do anything except press the power button, where the computer shuts down with only a split second tap.

There seems to be a bunch of new processes in my task manager as well: anbmServ.exe, EPM-DM.exe, BCMWLTRY.EXE, WLTRYSVC.EXE

This irks me, as it has happened three times now, and the computer will now allow me to enter in safe mode.

I recently had my computer wiped, and windows reinstalled because of that silly Antivirus XP 2008 virus, and now I cannot do any windows updates as instructed by the techy who reinstalled everything. I'm thinking perhaps the lack of updates may be the issue, but I don't want to risk updating when the techy told me not to.

Does anyone know the problem?

Your computer running slow and ending up in a BSOD sounds like possible ram, graphic or a heat issue. Since it's a laptop heat issues might be your culprit. In that case you need to take it to a repair shop. Try entering your BIOS and reset everything to default under "Exit". To enter BIOS hold delete key on bootup. It may be F1 or F2 depending on your system. Try it and see if the problem persists.

If you need to enter safemode you can go to start > run > type "msconfig" without the quotes. Go to BOOT.INI and check the /Safeboot box. Now restart and it should boot you to safemode.

If this is possible then do the following.

1. Reset BIOS to default

2. Do a complete format and re-install of Windows XP. Before doing this go to Acer's website. They usually have all the drivers you need as long as you know the exact model you have, or if you have a model number. Download the drivers to a USB device or burn them on a CD if possible. Getting the recovery disk is also an option but in my experience they tend to install a lot of stuff you just don't need, bogging it down even more..

3. Update all your drivers including windows updates.

If this doesn't fix it, your issue is 100% hardware related ..the only way is to send it to a repair shop.

If you can reproduce the failure and slowdowns try this a bit unconventional method. Grab something cold from the freezer and put a towl on top. Then place your laptop on top of it. Take steps to insure whats underneath doesn't melt and make your laptop wet, but not as much that the cold won't cool the bottom of the Laptop. If you can keep the bottom of the laptop cool for just enough time to reproduce your issues, then you can rule out heat problems. It may sound awfully stupid but i have used this home remedy successfully in the past to trouble shoot laptops. Saves you money from buying a cooling pad.

Edited by ReecoSuave