Change Mode

Crossfire Question?

Guest dwfinch

This is the first time I've used Crossfire cards, and I'm not sure if I have them hooked up right.

I have 2-4870's and are you supposed to use both bridges, connected to both cards? Or just 1 bridge connecting both cards?

Guest dwfinch

Thats what I had read Brandon, they had said that if you don't, and there is a failure in one card, it will void the warranty. But I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual, or on the box the cards came in that said that you need to use them both!

For dual cards, as in 2 card CF just use 1 bridge, when you do a Quad/TRI Crossfire, that is when you use 2 CF bridges..

Same goes for SLI, for a 2 card SLI, you only need 1 SLI bridge, the only reason the second SLI/CF bridge spot has been made is for Tri/Quad CF/SLI support.

Ya I only Used 1 as well for the little time I used it.

Think like a business in this spot, They gave you one CF bridge with one card. They dont expect you to buy another card with one, you could buy an OEM for all they care.

So If you were given one, you were intended to use one.

As for Quad Xfire, or Triple Fire, you use them all. Only becuz It kinda adds up if you think about it. 1 for card #1, 2 for card #2 and 1 for card #3