Sign in to follow this  
Jacee

ZoneAlarm Users

i tested zone alarm a few months ago, by far the worst firewall ever, just my opinion if it counts, even when it worked it screwed with user accounts and caused madness and mayhem, i could also name a few other firewalls :tdn:

TBH I reckon ZA is the best thing since sliced bread, in over 10 years of using it I've only ever had 3 systems have an issue, and only 1 of those systems that just will not play nice with it, I find it the easiest firewall I've ever known to use, once permissions are set thats it, until there is a change in the program anyway, turn off alerts or you will go mad then just allow stuff when you know what it is, but make your email ask EVERY time for best protection.

I used Zone Alarm for a couple of years and it seemed to work well but my wife started complaining that the web browsing was too slow. So just for haha's I uninstalled Zone Alarm and our web browsing sped up significantly. I then reinstalled it just to make sure that Zone Alarm was the problem and sure enough web browsing slowed right down again.

I haven't used it since. I use Comodo on my XP machines and Vista's firewall with Vista Firewall Control in my Vista machine.

Mark

Ive just finished doing a major repair of Trend Internet Security Pro Firewall.

Its ok now but What a mess...........

Not sure if it had to with updates for Antispyware program or Service Pack 3

I only tried Zone Alarm once .....Didnt Like it so never used it again