Sign in to follow this  
mccoady

SigmaTel Updated Driver for Dell E1505

I need the updated SigmaTel driver from Dell for my E1505 so Windows will issue the SP1 (Vista Premium) to my laptop but I'm not getting much help from Dell support so I have to do it on my own. My current SigmaTel driver is 6.10.0.5290 (11/22/2006) while on Dell's website the only one listed for my E1505 is 6.10.0.5343, A02 (1/31/2007) then also says Applies to: STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio (whatever that means).

Your Driver's Alert says the updated driver it found is 6.10.5713.1 (1/09/2008). So my questions:

1. Why is there a difference in SigmaTel driver updates for my Dell E1505 between what Dell has on their website and what your Driver Alert has come up with?

2. If I purchase Driver Alert will it have right driver and just as importantly will it give me a direct link to download the driver so I don't have to hunt for the correct one?

:wp:

1) Driver Alert matches drivers using the specific device identifier, which is non-specific to the computer manufacturer. The driver being recommended by Driver Alert matches the PCI VEN number for the device, but is probably from IDT, who purchased the consumer audio line from SigmaTel in 2006. Although IDT/SigmaTel produces the drivers, they do not appear to host any themselves, rather relying on the various manufactuers to do so.

2) The purchased/licensed version of Driver Alert provides either a direct download or a direct link to the download page for every driver it recommends.

So my question for you is will either updated driver (Driver Alerts or Dells) work equally well with my Dell laptop?

Edited by mccoady