Sign in to follow this  
bathompson

3D Test

Do you have a different video card you can try in the computer or a different computer to use to test the video card?

Do you have a different video card you can try in the computer or a different computer to use to test the video card?

Yes- I've tried a 7300GS - just the same.

So - new motherboard (changed because of a restart issue). Both motherboards are P43 based- this one is MSI and the previous was Asrock.

I will try the test on the 2 AMD rigs I have and see what happens.

Yes- I've tried a 7300GS - just the same.

So - new motherboard (changed because of a restart issue). Both motherboards are P43 based- this one is MSI and the previous was Asrock.

I will try the test on the 2 AMD rigs I have and see what happens.

I have a new standalone test for you to try. IntelGuy should be contacting you soon with the download information.

Hi LanceH

Can you download, unzip, and install the newest test (use the .msi to install) and then send me the logfile it generates?

I will PM you my email address when you are ready.

GraphicsPerfTestSetupD.zip

The logfile will be here:

Posted Image

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi LanceH

Can you download, unzip, and install the newest test (use the .msi to install) and then send me the logfile it generates?

Thanks for your assistance.

Different:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm having Identical problem, no d3dx9d.dll i have been following this post and have tried each of the cures but no 3d test. it works on all 4 of my other computers. the problem is on a Compaq SR2020nx with 2 gig ram. (amd processor and onboard video nvidia GeForce 6150 LE)

Edited by wesbarter

I'm having Identical problem, no d3dx9d.dll i have been following this post and have tried each of the cures but no 3d test. it works on all 4 of my other computers. the problem is on a Compaq SR2020nx with 2 gig ram. (amd processor and onboard video nvidia GeForce 6150 LE)

I have 3 machines - the 3D test works on only 1 - all machines are very different - with completely different hardware and Chipset/CPU.

I built a brand new machine for a friend this weekend and that didn't work either. It is a full on gaming machine and uses top notch kit throughout. I can list if required.

The other thing I keep reporting is the poor drive speed reporting using this utility. It rates a Sandisk 128Gb 148 Mb/s SSD as 56Mb/s - whereas HDTach shows 145MB/s read....

LanceH, do you have write-caching enabled on that drive?

I am having same trouble in internet explorer. Error message is Internet explorer encountered a problem. P.C.pitstopLLC active x control. PC pitstop 3D.dll,I have tried disabling this in the add-ons section, but is of no help. When I click on continue my system crash's. No amount of tinkering helps. No logs are saved due to tests not completing. Thankyou

Windows Xp/ SP3. all drivers upto date, firewall switched off. Over 700mb memory available. :cr@sh:

I have write caching enabled on all drives - the test always gets the drive with the OS correct, and all the others (including a partition on the same drive) completely wrong.... always has!

I am having same trouble in internet explorer. Error message is Internet explorer encountered a problem. P.C.pitstopLLC active x control. PC pitstop 3D.dll,I have tried disabling this in the add-ons section, but is of no help. When I click on continue my system crash's. No amount of tinkering helps. No logs are saved due to tests not completing. Thankyou

Windows Xp/ SP3. all drivers upto date, firewall switched off. Over 700mb memory available. :cr@sh:

Try skipping the 3D test from the debug page to see if the test will complete: http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/Debug.asp

If it completes, please post the the URL from the Results page.

Thank you for the OverDrive link.

The dispaly adapter SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740 goes back to at least 2004 and may not support all of the 3D functions necessary to run the 3D test.

If you want to verify that it is an issue with the hardware, you can download the diagnostic tool from here:

then unzip it and run the application. It will generate a logfile at C:\>Program Files>Scopic Software>3D Performance Test>log.txt.

Let me know when you get the log and I can PM you an email address where to send it as an attachment.

Thank you for the OverDrive link.

The dispaly adapter SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740 goes back to at least 2004 and may not support all of the 3D functions necessary to run the 3D test.

If you want to verify that it is an issue with the hardware, you can download the diagnostic tool from here:

then unzip it and run the application. It will generate a logfile at C:\>Program Files>Scopic Software>3D Performance Test>log.txt.

Let me know when you get the log and I can PM you an email address where to send it as an attachment.

downloaded test file, installed and ran. Got error report.

graphicsperftest.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Have tried twice, my driver scanner is not reporting problem with my display adapter, but will see if update available. Thanks

Is there a logfile at C:\>Program Files>Scopic Software>3D Performance Test>log.txt?

I have 3 machines - the 3D test works on only 1 - all machines are very different - with completely different hardware and Chipset/CPU.

I built a brand new machine for a friend this weekend and that didn't work either. It is a full on gaming machine and uses top notch kit throughout. I can list if required.

The other thing I keep reporting is the poor drive speed reporting using this utility. It rates a Sandisk 128Gb 148 Mb/s SSD as 56Mb/s - whereas HDTach shows 145MB/s read....

Do you have OsdMaestro running? If so, try turning it off. It might be interfering with the 3D test.

The missing DLL problem on the debugging standalone test has been fixed. The new version should be posted for downloading soon.

Your SSD speed problem most likely has to do with the different access patterns used by the two tests, ours and HDTach. It doesn't mean either test is wrong; it means that they're testing different things. We used to break out serial and random reads and writes, but people complained that was too technical for them.

If you really care about SSD speed measurement, please start a different thread about it specifically.

You can download the newest diagnostic tool from here:

You can download the newest diagnostic tool from here:

Works perfectly! Sent you Log file to previously provided email add.

Posted Image

Edited by LanceH

Does this mean the 3D test should now work in the Test Suite????

Edited by LanceH

Does this mean the 3D test should now work in the Test Suite????

Since nobody bothered to reply - I tried the full test, and yes, the 3D test now works correctly.

Perhaps you could let us know what fixed it? It seemed at first that you inferred the Graphics card I had was naff?

Edited by LanceH

Since nobody bothered to reply -

Can't tell you what I don't know.

The problem was the way some monitors respond to the mode changing. Running trhe test in a fixed window seems to have resolved that.

Can't tell you what I don't know.

The problem was the way some monitors respond to the mode changing. Running trhe test in a fixed window seems to have resolved that.

Sorry, I would have thought you had known that the working standalone 3D test had been included in the test suite....

Hi IntelGuy, Do you have a solution for this yet?

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showuser=24733

I just ran into it this am when I posted for a member at Safer Networking to run the diagnostic as I do with many folks, but will stop until this is resolved. When I noticed the website changed and decided to update my directions, to do so I tought I would scan one of my computers. I run into the issues at the 3D Performance Test. MSN Explorer and Internet Explorer, with both browsers I get a message that a problem has been encountered and the browser must shut down. The file being sent to Microsoft is c069_appcompat.txt I should also point out that I removed the old ActiveX and installed it again just in case that was the problem. I will say again, the test, both singed in and not signed in as a user, proceeded properly until it moved from "Testing Drives" to "3D Performance Test", so it sounds like the same issure you are working on. If I can recreate the test and send any information, let me know. I would be glad to go to email also if that will help. I will not be able to suggest the diagnostic tests until this is resolved.

If you want me to start a new topic, let me know.

Thanks...Phil

pskelley

Hi Phil,

In order to complete OverDrive, try skipping the 3D Test from the debug page to see if the test will complete: http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/Debug.asp

If the test then completes, go ahead and post the URL from the Recommended Fixes page. The first thing to check is if the display adapter supports the 3D functions needed to run the test. If it is not a hardware issue, there is another tool we can run to capture some more information about why the 3D test creshes.