Change Mode

Ok, I am looking in to these two products. although, What do you guys think my performance gain will be? Im thinking it will be like night and day. but, I may be wrong. Although i am really CPU limited right now.. With the combo Deal i can get them for 350$ together. So if i got the 9850 Phenom instead It would still come out to be more money$. So this all below seems to be the best buy. but my question is the performance gain worth it? And I will be trying for 3Ghz Overclock with this.

Motherboard>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813130190

CPU>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103273

Edited by burned-ati

What you listed is Good.

Save some Cash, go for the Abit AX78. Overclocks great, and under $90 (tiger Direct)

As for the CPU. Id stick to the one you listed. Just get some good cooling so you can OC. Would be a nice setup, your enterin forum wars, RIGHT? :mrgreen:

i have the Abit AX78 and it does clock very nicely , this is very new to me cause there ALOT of options there and i mean alot i dont understand more of it but i tell you what im learning everday and i like it but this board kicks BUTT ,as you see in my Sig i haver the OCZ SLi and thats clock nicely also

EDIT

also i nocied one thing alot of people buy board that cost alot but i see it like this

if you can find a good baord thats does what the exspensive boardd do or

even better or about the same , why spend that kind of money when you can put it somewhere

else like memory , HDD's , video card you get the point

Edited by XRogerX

Oh Great then!!! The Abit AX78 Looks to be great, And my main concern was overclocking. I see guys pulling 3.4Ghz with these newer Phenoms. I Dont try to get my hopes up.but, Im looking anywhere from 3Ghz to 3.2Ghz. If this board is the :ClockMaster: then i feel much better then! Thanks for the tips guys!! Very much! I will get a better mother board! And save about 60 bucks. This is great! I will pick these up next week! THanks again. Should match up well with my new HD 4850.

If you really want to overclock, I'd go with 790GX boards. They're somewhat expensive, but those boards have something called "Advanced Clock Calibration" that allows for an extra few hundred Mhz for "free".

Edit: I didn't notice that you linked to a 790GX board... Carry on.

Oh, and you'll definitely like the Phenom, but why not invest in a Q6600 instead? I was thinking of getting a Phenom, but I am waiting for Deneb to come out. It's supposed to overclock much better, perform better, and use half the power of current Phenoms.

Edited by brandon

here take a look at this , i can get to 3.2 but not stable

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=407131

this also has a switch for the cmos in the back pamel

Yes, The board Is nice. Although, When running crossfire It runs 1 video card at 16x and the other video card at 4x. Im not sure how much of a hit that is. but, from what im hearing that defeats the purpose of it even being crossfire capable.

Yes, The board Is nice. Although, When running crossfire It runs 1 video card at 16x and the other video card at 4x. Im not sure how much of a hit that is. but, from what im hearing that defeats the purpose of it even being crossfire capable.

Yes it does ,guess your right there but for me im not running crossfire i dont need to but im sure later i will think about it, thats why it a budget board lol

i was running the m2a-vm with the 690g chip in it and i wanted to atleast get something better with the lastest chip in it ,my pockets are far from deep so i got what i could get like i said b4 does alot of things the more exspensive boards do , but in my opinion that only way im going to see the crossfire diffrence is by benchmarks and the naked eye isnt gonig to see that without benchies ,i dont do alot og gaming but i understand you point and yes your right about it going to x4 when useing crossfire but think about it are you really gonig to see the diffrence ,no i dont think so , but you might see it in the proformance part of it but its not going to be that big

like i said i love the board ,but the choice is yours to make , was giving my opinion and that all we can do but you know what you want and looking for and from looking at your specs you will get more out of this board then i am right now cause your running and ATI card im not

Yes it does ,guess your right there but for me im not running crossfire i dont need to but im sure later i will think about it, thats why it a budget board lol

i was running the m2a-vm with the 690g chip in it and i wanted to atleast get something better with the lastest chip in it ,my pockets are far from deep so i got what i could get like i said b4 does alot of things the more exspensive boards do , but in my opinion that only way im going to see the crossfire diffrence is by benchmarks and the naked eye isnt gonig to see that without benchies ,i dont do alot og gaming but i understand you point and yes your right about it going to x4 when useing crossfire but think about it are you really gonig to see the diffrence ,no i dont think so , but you might see it in the proformance part of it but its not going to be that big

like i said i love the board ,but the choice is yours to make , was giving my opinion and that all we can do but you know what you want and looking for and from looking at your specs you will get more out of this board then i am right now cause your running and ATI card im not

well, There are going to be alot of games out there, And there are games out now, That i see FPS drops. And, crysis is hard to run to. Crossfire seems to double the performance. Other then the boards crossfire problem, Everything else on it is fine.

ok but now ask your self this ,

when are you gonig to use crossfire if you going to it now this get something diffrent

if not this i suggest this board lol

then again i dont know much about SLI or Crossfire but hey like i said im on a budget but im willing to start learing at anytime

ok but now ask your self this ,

when are you gonig to use crossfire if you going to it now this get something diffrent

if not this i suggest this board lol

then again i dont know much about SLI or Crossfire but hey like i said im on a budget but im willing to start learing at anytime

I would plan for another HD4850 proubly 2 weeks after i got the new board and CPU running.

Edited by burned-ati