Change Mode

bit contoversial

terry1966

i won't name this member but they joined on the 8/8/08 and so far every post i've read where they have asked for help and been given what i consider good advice his responses have been down right rude and obnoxious.

i can't help thinking it won't be long before he gets banned, but was wondering if anyone else has noticed and if we should start a book on when they do... 2 to 1 by sept. :rofl2:

i won't name this member but they joined on the 8/8/08 and so far every post i've read where they have asked for help and been given what i consider good advice his responses have been down right rude and obnoxious.

i can't help thinking it won't be long before he gets banned, but was wondering if anyone else has noticed and if we should start a book on when they do... 2 to 1 by sept. :rofl2:

yes, warn them first and then ban them if they continue with their negative attitude in the forums :boxing:

No it isn't a chip on the shoulder.

It is frustration.

Frustration with their own lack of knowledge.

Frustration because they can't read a manual.

Frustration because they can't ask a proper question with the necessary info to get help.

Frustration because they don't understand the answers being given.

Frustration because bumpty, bumpty threads don't do much.

Frustration because they need hand holding to perform the simplest of things.

Frustration because they don't understand that a multiplier isn't a 3 dollar calculator you get at Wal-Mart.................................

Frustrated when they don't understand something, then ask vague and poorly worded questions and then don't get immediate precise answers.

The worst part of it all, is they take the frustration out on those who are trying to help, thus increasing their frustration when everyone bails on them ;)

No it isn't a chip on the shoulder.

It is frustration.

Frustration with their own lack of knowledge.

Frustration because they can't read a manual.

Frustration because they can't ask a proper question with the necessary info to get help.

Frustration because they don't understand the answers being given.

Frustration because bumpty, bumpty threads don't do much.

Frustration because they need hand holding to perform the simplest of things.

Frustration because they don't understand that a multiplier isn't a 3 dollar calculator you get at Wal-Mart.................................

Frustrated when they don't understand something, then ask vague and poorly worded questions and then don't get immediate precise answers.

The worst part of it all, is they take the frustration out on those who are trying to help, thus increasing their frustration when everyone bails on them ;)

But what if my CPU turns out to be a $3 calculator?

Bear: Look at some of the active threads in u2u, and custom pc's.

Edited by brandon

I don't see why it is such a big secret.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?show...59982&st=10

There are more like that one.

So true Bruce, when i run across something like that i tend to ignore any further post, to may good post

to look at the bad ones. If every one who has a hard time with explaining what is going on they should have

read this post.

Bear

We have actually had a few members come in lately with some rude ness. Some not as bad as others, but just shoot down our advice and rub it in our faces.

I dont think a ban is neccessary. They need to know what they are doing and to show some respect. We offer our help, and dont want rude actions in return.

Mods may want to send a PM. Or even a Suspension for a bit to see if they get the drift. If not, Toms hardware is always open. :lol:

death has been visited by the Moderating team and won't be with us for awhile.

When he is permitted to return, if he returns, he will be expected to abide by our forum rules just like the rest of us.

:)Y

lost my bet then, never lasted till sept.. :rofl2:

was going to send him a welcome pm telling him how nice every1 was here, if he just changed his attitude he might find some new friends with lots of computing expertise. oh well.

if you come back death and read this.

WELCOME TO THE PIT and make the most of a good opportunity to gain some knowledge and have a bit of fun too. :tup:

Is it any wonder why I slacked off from trying to help in U2U. People like him/her/it kill the spirit.

I agree dickster and understand your feelings, believe me I do. What I hate even worse is when I have spent like 12 hours over 5-8 day period helping someone in the forums, and then boom, they disappear and never come back to thank you or anything.

And there are the ones who just don't thank you but dont disappear. Then they ask for help with more problems and expect and immediate reply. :angry:

Oh and you got to love the ones you have helped with malware issues and you warn them not to do a certain thing as that is how they got infected. next thing you know, there back with the same problems. It's very irritating to say the least. :cr@sh:

But there are always trouble makers in every forum I am a member to, which is 8 different pc forums, and the same thing happens, so its not just here at the pit.

I still think the pit is one of best forums around, and some very nice folks here, they sure outweigh the "bad guys". I have made some good friends here that is for sure. :)

Wademan

Edited by Wademan