Change Mode

The time has come.

Bruce

There is another option Bruce...you could invest...in say a Roth IRA. Sure wish I would have been given a gift like the Roth when I was your age. Not that I haven't invested but it will be taxable when I get it back as opposed to the Roth.

Oh well, just a thought.

Rev

Both Sue and I are smokers.

Cigarettes in Massachusetts cost $6.95 a pack, we both smoke one carton a week, at a cost of $139 a week, time 4 weeks in a month comes out to $556 bucks a month.

Cigarettes in Massachusetts cost $6.95 a pack, we both smoke one carton a week, at a cost of $139 a week, time 4 weeks in a month comes out to $556 bucks a month.

As an ex-smoker....

Money is not the motivator.

Stopping comes from within.

Until you are ready to quit then nicotine is the master and you are the slave.

I know, I've been there.

a pal bought a trans am in the 90's as his motivator, it worked !

today the vehicle only has 40k miles on it and most factory parts have been modified, chrome calibers and various other modifications, the point is it was a gift for him ......

sometimes he unwraps it and puts a few hundred miles on it, well" when ever the urge arises' driving reminds him why he quit in the first place :tup:

We were all born without a cigarette in our mouth --- yer just going back to natural...

:P

I was also born bald, without teeth, had to eat mush, needed a diaper, couldn't see very well, and made unintelligible sounds.............. What are ya trying to say :fear:

I was also born bald, without teeth, had to eat mush, needed a diaper, couldn't see very well, and made unintelligible sounds.............. What are ya trying to say :fear:

You get the drift Bruce...... :laughing:

On a side not Hurdy is right, you have to be mentally ready to quit. Find something to replace the habit, I chew toothpicks, it replaces the *sticking cigarette in mouth* syndrome. A man in church asked me a few weeks ago why he always saw me in church on Sunday with a toothpick in my mouth, I told him it was because I quit smoking 7 long years ago. He told me to keep chewing toothpicks in church!!

Luck to ya'!!

:geezer:

Edited by caintry_boy

Wow bruce.. I wish you and sue all the best at stopping smoking, my dad did for 30 years+ he did stop though.. glad he is still around , love my dad.

Wademan

Seriously B, outside influences such as $ or a car won't do it.

It has to be your decision - not a decision based on third party influences.

When the time comes to quit - you'll do it.

And you won't need $, cars or patches to do it.

I am well aware of that Hurdy.

Been down this road with other substances, as of this August 8th I have been clean and free from those substances for 21 years.

The money is merely a side benefit, and well I want a new car, the wife gets my hand me down cars :lol:

Edited by Bruce

one fella told he quit by chewing on the cig :lol:

every urge he had he chewed the cig, he mentioned hurling afterwords, he explained that it turned him away, being sick from them.

another told me putting them in a jar of water and shaking them around then consuming the product :huh:

idk they were desperate to quit

I wanted to get smoking out of my life so, I took the fastest route ---

.. Tan T L MD 940 W Avon Rd, 248-651-5604 Rochester Hills Michigan 48307, map ...

This doctor is an acupuncturist and I spent 40 dollars for one treatment -- never smoked again.

:)