Change Mode

Floppy Drive Failure

Guest alltimeqb

Guest alltimeqb

B) Has anyone heard of a virus or other problem relating to loosing access to the floppy drive? I have three machines, different motherboards & processors, and now I cannot access my a: drive on any of them.

Sounds like a virus but I haven't heard of one before. The most recent machine issue occured as I was trying to create a start disk for Win 98 SE. The computer keeps trying to go to sleep and stops writing to the disk. Since then, I haven't been able to read any disk in the a: drive.

Any help?

Guest alltimeqb

Thanks for the virus check sites. Tried two but found no virus. I guess I'll just go ahead and swipe it clean, start over.

Thanks.

B) Has anyone heard of a virus or other problem relating to loosing access to the floppy drive? I have three machines, different motherboards & processors, and now I cannot access my a: drive on any of them.

Sounds like a virus but I haven't heard of one before. The most recent machine issue occured as I was trying to create a start disk for Win 98 SE. The computer keeps trying to go to sleep and stops writing to the disk. Since then, I haven't been able to read any disk in the a: drive.

Any help?

I don't know how true this is but I did here about a virus that was susposedly able to open and close your cd drive bay door I never saw it happen my self seems like it was about 4months back or so

Any help?

I don't know how true this is but I did here about a virus that was susposedly able to open and close your cd drive bay door I never saw it happen my self seems like it was about 4months back or so