Change Mode

here's my problem, My local fire dept shares the same offices with the township offices, they installed two wireless access points from the township office to the barn (they call it a barn where the trucks are) about 5 to 600 feet. They were dropping connection so I installed an outdoor wifi antenna from the office to the barn and now they get much better connection.

The pc in the barn stays logged off except when the fire chief is in the barn. They have a service that needs to remotely access this pc during off hours and the wireless disconnects when the pc is in the logged off mode, When it's logged on and someone is on the desktop, no problems accessing the net. What needs to be done so this pc can be accessed remotely when nobody's logged on to it?

here's my problem, My local fire dept shares the same offices with the township offices, they installed two wireless access points from the township office to the barn (they call it a barn where the trucks are) about 5 to 600 feet. They were dropping connection so I installed an outdoor wifi antenna from the office to the barn and now they get much better connection.

The pc in the barn stays logged off except when the fire chief is in the barn. They have a service that needs to remotely access this pc during off hours and the wireless disconnects when the pc is in the logged off mode, When it's logged on and someone is on the desktop, no problems accessing the net. What needs to be done so this pc can be accessed remotely when nobody's logged on to it?

i assume you pc's os is xp or vista?

just try first to go to control panel and set it to "always on" mode... check it through the 'power options'--- hardisks and system should never go to standby or off mode... set it to 'always on' :)