Change Mode

cycling

danielos

Anybody here into biking? Cycling is something I've been getting into recently.

At first I rode my old beach cruiser for 7.5-10 miles a day, depending on the day of the week.

Trying to ride a beach cruiser like it's a road bike isn't the most fun thing to do, so I got a road bike after a month or so. Its an old school schwinn that I believe is from the 70s or 80s.Looks like this bike, but is black. Got it for $60, then had the tires replaced and gears fixed for another $60, and works perfectly now. Although it's a really pretty bicycle(imo, I'll post pictures later..), I think I really want to get a well-kept old school Bianchi. I'd love to get a bianchi from the 80s, like this.

After I got the Schwinn I started to ride for 10-15 miles daily. It's been almost two months since I got that road bike, and I've taken a break from riding for the past week, and I plan on picking up again this weekend.

Besides for the typical 10-15 mile ride, on occasion I'd go on longer rides or shoot for better speed. I'm trying to make a ride out to ft.pickens a monthly deal. 6.5 miles from my house to the gate, then 1.5 miles paved, 2 unpaved over sand, and then 7 paved. Repeat for ride home. The 2 miles over sand are tough; you have to walk your bike. It's very rewarding to return home after a ride like that though :)

So does anybody here at the pit also ride for exercise or fun? Anybody here with some nice road bikes? B)

Hey danielos,

That Schwinn was my primary transportation in the late '60's and early '70's during college.

(except I had twin saddlebag baskets on the back big enough to carry groceries, or books, or most of my laundry)

Your routine is definitely more ambitious that what I do these days with my mountain bike.