Sign in to follow this  
zmike

CRT Monitors?

Hi,

I've just replaced all the monitors in my house and now I've got 3 CRT monitors (20'',17'',15'') left over. Does anyone know what I can do with them? Is there anywhere I can sell them? if so how much can I sell them for? Are there any stores that trade for store credits?

thanks

btw I live in Toronto :)

Edited by zmike

There is a buy/sell/trade forum here. I forget what the minimum post count is, but you can PM a Mod and ask about it. :) In all honesty, I don't think you'll get much for them. :( They're becoming obsolete more and more. I just scrapped half a dozen myself to the recycler.

The cost to ship one of those big heavy monsters makes them almost not worth selling. I sold a few of them before on ebay, but they're more trouble than they're worth in my opinion.

I would recommend looking for a reliable recycler to get rid of them.

Throw Them in the woods! Blow them up, I garuntee you cannot break the glass on them. Its nearly 3 inches thick. I managed after a few trys with a center block. Remeber the movie Where the office guys beat there scanner with baseball bats? I cant remeber the name. but, anyways, Mega FUN! Im just joking.

Really, Just give them to a charity place. Some people need monitors, and dont want to spend alot.

To give you an idea what the might be worth,

http://computation.to/equip-prod-monitorsCRT.php

As already mentioned be worth more getting them delivered (unless someone picks them up).

Just give them to a charity place.

Or the nearest Goodwill or Salvation Army store if they'll take them.

Oh and,

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611750

:P

I'm stuck with several crt monitors, goodwill and the salvation army refuse to take them now, get rid of them asap because if you hang onto to those, it's going to cost you to unload in the near future, I can't give them away for free...20"screens at that, approx 75lbs

Remeber the movie Where the office guys beat there scanner with baseball bats? I cant remeber the name. but, anyways, Mega FUN! Im just joking.

Office Space.

if you cough up the ship charges...it's yours

See if there are any technical schools or JVS's in your area, or even high schools. They might well take them for an electronics/computer class. I know when i was in high school we had many companies/corporations or just regular people drop stuff off all the time. Most of it we scrapped but some of it we used, and we never turned anything down.