Change Mode

Just a word of warning - I tried to install Raid on an Abit IP35 Pro mainboard using the Drivers provided on the CD that comes with the board. (there is provision to create a floppy direct from the bios using this disk).

Unfortunately Abit in their wisdom forgot to put all the files on the CD so it was a case of using another pc to visit the Abit site to download their Raid Drivers.

It's all up and running now but I wish I had realised earlier that the driver files on their CD weren't right - I wasted a lot of time before I realised what had happened.

Nice catch, always good to know when you find a bug. Ive probably got 10 intel matrix storage raid disks though ich7-8-9 will all work for raid setup

Allen I'm like you. I have several floppies with varying Raid drivers on them. None would work on this Abit board. It was explained to me that I had to use Abit Raid drivers for an Abit board. I thought the ICH9R chip would take my previous ICH9R drivers.

Wrong!

TBH the only time I use the makers disk is when I have no other choice, seen way too many bad disks to even think about using them, not to mention you often have no idea on the age of the drivers, I always get the latest direct straight from the makers before I need them, that way I know I have everything I need and have the knowledge they are the latest ones available.

Allen I'm like you. I have several floppies with varying Raid drivers on them. None would work on this Abit board. It was explained to me that I had to use Abit Raid drivers for an Abit board. I thought the ICH9R chip would take my previous ICH9R drivers.

Wrong!

That stinks. My abit aw9d max came with the floppies already made for intel and sil raid. But I used a ich7r raid driver floppy I made on it and it worked fine.

Yup, sometimes you think MOBO manufacturers are drunk. My last Asus board came with drivers for ICH8 chipset and the MOBO has ICH9. :unsure:

Edited by X_C

I have several Abit boards, and never had a problem with any of them.

But I always get my drivers for the boards from Intel.

X_C thats because they are the same drivers. When you see the install

of XX chip, thats what is on the Title.

Even my 975 board shows "install 945" drivers. But if you open the ini

you'll see all of them are listed.

Just like with VC drivers.