Sign in to follow this  
MiG1289

internet browser is being a pain.

hello,

I have not tested my pc in a while and i tried to today but it would not work. I tried switching to internet explorer but it keeps asking if i want to download the page or just open it up. It doesnt matter which button i click it doesnt do anything.

Posted Image

also i decided to pick up a game that i have not played in a couple years and when ever it loads it does pretty much the same thing it goes minimizes the game and opens up the browser and a window with information about the game.

Posted Image

this has been getting worse lately and rather annoying so i figured you guys could help, thank you.

Maybe uncheck the box where it says "Always ask before opening this type of file". Sounds too simple but worth a shot.

Mark

Maybe uncheck the box where it says "Always ask before opening this type of file". Sounds too simple but worth a shot.

Mark

i know it sounds dumb but i have tried unchecking it. But if i uncheck and click open the browser window will still pop up. This also happens with aim, as well as the game. The browser will open up with information that is supposed to be in the im box, or that is supposed to be in the game. It shouldnt minimize the game/im to show info. sorry if this sounds confusing.

mike

could be that your system preferences are set so that all new dialogs and processes are forced to open into a new window. I have seen it floating around somewhere before, but cant remember exactly where. It's a system setting - check your control panel.

Or perhaps someone knows exactly where this option is.

hello,

I have not tested my pc in a while and i tried to today but it would not work. I tried switching to internet explorer but it keeps asking if i want to download the page or just open it up. It doesnt matter which button i click it doesnt do anything.

Posted Image

also i decided to pick up a game that i have not played in a couple years and when ever it loads it does pretty much the same thing it goes minimizes the game and opens up the browser and a window with information about the game.

Posted Image

this has been getting worse lately and rather annoying so i figured you guys could help, thank you.

I see the option to Save. Have you tried that and then opening them?

I see the option to Save. Have you tried that and then opening them?

yes i have tried saving it. it saves i open it and its still a blank window. the thing is i dont want any option to download or open/save a webpage. i dont know whats wrong! I have also reset the folder options to defaults and its still doing it.

Your file associations are most likely not set.

they are set, just checked em. i just realized that it comes up as a security warning as well, but i do not have any windows security features enabled that i know of.

edit: this started after i fixed something else on my computer but i did not think much of it. http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?show...54757&st=10

Edited by MiG1289