Change Mode

Firefox won't install add-ons, extensions, etc.

The other day Firefox auto updated (version 2.0) and stopped using Ad Block Plus. When I tried to install Ad Block Plus again, it said that there was an error. I assumed that the update to Firefox was the problem since I had too much other stuff running at the same time. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, but still have the same problem. Decided to just get Firefox 3 and now running that. But still have the same problem. All add ons and extensions show that they will be updated when Firefox is restarted. But I haven't even tried to add any to Firefox 3 yet. And I have restarted Firefox many times (clicked where it says to restart Firefox for changes to take effect) and it restarts, but still shows error messages saying the .xpi file can't be installed.

I've never seen this happen before.. only now since I updated to SP3.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Just a huge coincidence? Or is it due to SP3?

The other day Firefox auto updated (version 2.0) and stopped using Ad Block Plus. When I tried to install Ad Block Plus again, it said that there was an error. I assumed that the update to Firefox was the problem since I had too much other stuff running at the same time. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, but still have the same problem. Decided to just get Firefox 3 and now running that. But still have the same problem. All add ons and extensions show that they will be updated when Firefox is restarted. But I haven't even tried to add any to Firefox 3 yet. And I have restarted Firefox many times (clicked where it says to restart Firefox for changes to take effect) and it restarts, but still shows error messages saying the .xpi file can't be installed.

Hey Luis,

Have a read through this you may find something

http://support.mozilla.com/sk/kb/unable+to+install+add-ons

Hey Luis,

Have a read through this you may find something

http://support.mozilla.com/sk/kb/unable+to+install+add-ons

Thanks, I'm looking through it now. I did forget to mention though, when I installed Firefox 3 it had the talkback add on already installed. But it showed that add on as being not compatible and that I would need to uninstall it. I clicked uninstall and it won't. It keeps showing "will uninstall when Firefox is restarted". But restarting doesn't do anything.

About 80% or more of the add-ons for Firefox 3 are no longer compatible.

If you go through all the add-ons, the only ones that are compatible will have the Add To Firefox download button highlighted in green.

It's NOT SP3