Where is TechExpress?

Hello,

I am looking to share a PitStop test. The instructions don't reflect the actual screens anymore and I cannot find the link to TechExpress in your new layout.

Jean-Marc

I think just copy the URL.

Let IntelGuy fill you in more though.

• 1 month later...

Back when I was an Administrator here I went to an awful lot of trouble to write a forum modification to add TechExpress links into member profiles. Normally I would point you to the Posted Image link on the Member Bar above. But I just looked at the PC Pitstop test website and I can't even find the TechExpress page anymore. Did they do away with it? I haven't tested my computer lately and I don't have time for it at the moment, but if it still shows you a TechExpress link (assuming they haven't changed the set up) just follow the instructions to add it to your forum profile.

Actually, I was talking about not being able to find the test website TechExpress page, not the help page. Since I don't work here anymore, and things change that I am not always aware of, I've always checked to make sure the TechExpress page is where the help page says it is first before I post the link to the help page, because of situations like this. I had no idea that the test site had been updated, and yesterday when I looked for it I couldn't find the TechExpress page. However, I just found it after reading This Post. So the test website TechExpress page is Here.

That copy of the TechExpress help page you posted is outdated. The link in the upper left corner (Posted Image) is the most recent copy, which is now an IPB page instead of a plain old HTML file. But then again, since the test website has been updated, that is also at least partially outdated now too... Oh well. I tried. :lol:

Cool... That means my mod will still be worth something. Even though IPS took the wind out of my sails when they made IPB 2.1.x Custom Profile Fields so easy to set up... They made some of the mods I spent so long trying to get to work in IPB 1.3.1 completely obsolete. Take the flag mod for example. Instead of editing several files and such, all you have to do set up a CPF, upload your flags and it's done. It takes about two minutes...