Change Mode

Just got a 9600 GT and dissapointed in cod4 fps

Hi all. I have just bought a 9600 GT gigabyte edition for my pc, and in COD4 on max graphics (1280x1024) i get around 30-40 fps...Is this seriously normal? When i first played the game, i seemed to get 60-80 fps and suddenly it dropped and now it's dropped for good. My PSU is a thermaltake 500w...Oh and also, my comp has turned of a few times, i take is this has something to do with overheating? WHATS WRONG?!?!?!

Hi all. I have just bought a 9600 GT gigabyte edition for my pc, and in COD4 on max graphics (1280x1024) i get around 30-40 fps...Is this seriously normal? When i first played the game, i seemed to get 60-80 fps and suddenly it dropped and now it's dropped for good. My PSU is a thermaltake 500w...Oh and also, my comp has turned of a few times, i take is this has something to do with overheating? WHATS WRONG?!?!?!

I must add ther card is currently at 100 degrees C...this is high isnt it?

• 3 weeks later...

My card runs 60c, in COD4. about 45Cidle. Your bad performance is because its running at 100c! Take the Side panel off, And point a house fan at that video card. I changed my thermal paste and seen minor temperature decrease, And a video card with the fanless cooler is not a logical design. This big block on that card, Will just keep getting hotter and hotter. It needs its own fan to remove that heat. Case airflow is not enough. Buy a fan to put on the card, Or just direct a house fan or box fan to blow at it.