Change Mode

was thinking of geting the 4850 but will my pc handle it?

hello:) i was thinking of geting the 4850 soon problee in couple days but i was wondering will my system in my sig handle it? like bottlenecks? i know they problee gona be one but i hope its not huge and cause problems.

i was waiting for the 4870 to come out and try to get that but i know forsure that problee whould bottleneck it badly will it?

but my main consurn is the 4850 sense its in my price range 200$ i herd the 4870 is like 300$ which is cheep but cant afford it at this time :lol:

about 3 weeks ago i was aiming for the 3870 but than herd the new cards was comeing out and they perform alot better than the 3x cards.

also i herd the higher the res you play at bottlecking is not the problem anymore is that true? if it is that be great sense i mosty allways try to play at max res of my monitor 1680 with my x1900gt :lol:

thats great to hear:) i knew this Opteron still have kick in it:)

also what about the 4870? any problems runing that? just incase if i get ahold of 300$ by than:)

problee wont need it sense the 4850 is a monster aready and seems to play everygame out at 1680 but its allways good to have extra power :sandi:

Edited by gordesky1

it will run the 4870 without problem. I think bottleneck is just over hyped.

But, the 4870 is maybe a little to much for the lower resolutions you play at. Get a 4850, then when you need to upgrade, im sure it will last a lot longer then you think. Especially if games are as optimized as call of duty are.

cool:) i problee get the 4850 than sense when i look on reviews its even playing crysis 1920x1200 with a average fps on 29 to 30:)

which on 1680 its 40fps:)

also which brand should i go for? i was looking at saphire sense my x800 and x1900gt was that brand.

than i saw his i never had that brand but might give it a chance:)

which one do you think?

also saphire one guy says it comes with rainbow six lost vegas 2 which it doesint say nowere on newegg comeing with a game but maybee on the box it does and the his comes with the his iclear card which seems not to do anything by reviews lol

Edited by gordesky1

Not Sapphire. If you enjoy returning it for a huge fee for a very limited time, then buy a Sapphire. However, if you're one of those people who enjoy good customer service, then you'll buy from Visiontek or another company.

Not Sapphire. If you enjoy returning it for a huge fee for a very limited time, then buy a Sapphire. However, if you're one of those people who enjoy good customer service, then you'll buy from Visiontek or another company.

Sapphire is the main producer of these chips, thats a good brand. You got unlucky. :P

HIS has failed to get almost half of the new cards registered by ATI, I would stay far away from them. Visiontek isnt bad. Neither is Diamond.

Sapphire is the main producer of these chips, thats a good brand. You got unlucky. :P

HIS has failed to get almost half of the new cards registered by ATI, I would stay far away from them. Visiontek isnt bad. Neither is Diamond.

Try reading that again.

Sapphire also doesn't happen to be the producer of their customer service. They outsource it to another company and have their customer support forums run by regular people who happen to be very grumpy and not helpful.

Edit: I'll make that even more clear for you, just in case you're not following. When you buy a product, you're buying a "total" or complete product which includes features and benefits that go beyond the physical object you bought.

Edited by AdamMAXIS

hmm so sapphire and his pretty much aint good than?

i just thought i should stick with sapphire sense i aready own 2 of there cards and didint have any problem with them.

than i saw the his that comes with the iclear card thing which goes for 79$ by itself problee doesint do much or at all but its free:) and that his screwdriver looks like it whould be handy lol

so it seems like i was leaning more to the his but not sure... lol

sapphire was looking at first sense i owned them befor and saw in a review says it comes with a 39$ game rainbow six vegas 2 tho it doeisnt say it anywere on newegg?

i was looking threw pages and saw that the Visiontek comes with a lifetime Limited Lifetime Warranty.

does that meen like 10years from now that it dies which i know will be outdated lol they will cover it?

if thats the case think i be buying that brand:)

doesint come with a rebate but still what beats lifetime support:)

also just seen that bestbuy has it for the same price as newegg and they have it for pickup so problee gona get that card from bestbuy:) weird bestbuy ony sells that brand

hopefully i could get to bestbuy either today or sunday.

Edited by gordesky1

k got the Visiontek 4850 and what a card it kills my x1900gt lol

heres the 3dmark 06 score i guess its not bad sense this is socket 939:)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=7280674

whould be alittle higher because i got the cpu at 2.8ghzs 3ghzs was unstable for some reson today which was stable for months lol.

but so far i could play crysis on everything very high on 1680x1050 and i whould say the fps is in the 20s avg:)

and tried call of duty 4 and its realy smooth on 1680 4anti everything on the highest it doesing drop below 30 anywere so far mosty allways 40s and 50s:)

tried test drive unlimited and geting 30s allways with 4anti and 1680 with everything up:)

same with coh 40 to 50fps maxed and tabula rasa which is realy hard on hardware and geting 30s and up on that maxed:)

oh forgot one more game race driver grid that plays realy smooth with everything maxed and with anti again lol

got to many games i tried couldint list them all hehe.

so far antiaising doesint even hurt the card in most games its either 1 to 2 fps or sometimes like on testdrive and call of duty 4 its faster with it on lol

but so far im loving the card:)

tho one thing i dont like is you cant change the fan to any speed because no program supports the 4800s yet..

think they say it stays at 30% to up to 80c... but i herd the card can run realy hot without any problems but i whould like to put it to 100% so hopefully a program will support them soon.

its 8815 3DMark.. lol wish it was 11k in this system. maybee i could get close to 10k with overclocking and puting my system back to 3ghzs:)

also found a fan fix i post the link just incase someone needs it if they have a 4800series:)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=27...amp;postcount=8

at 65% fan speed its at 43c aready lol so it seems like a cold card to when the fan is runing.

just tried 100% fan speed sounds like a jet lol

Edited by gordesky1

so far the card is great tho got couple problems.

when playing crysis inside building on some walls there theses little white dots i look it up on online and peaple said its overheating tho this card maxs out at 60c sense the fan is runing at 75% too 100% now so it cant be that.

than they say its from overclocking which i dont have it overclocked...

do you think its a crysis bug or a driver bug?

i realy hope the card aint craping out on me....

also other games dont show theses dots.

and another thing seems like its not that good on overclocking unless ati overdrive is buggy because when i put it on 1050 memory from 1000 stock and like 650 for the core over 625 stock when i start crysis it whould freeze than go back to the desktop and says display driver has failed than it recovers....

hopefully overdrive is just causeing that...

but other than those problems the card is pretty fast and runs cold

The white dots seem like a driver issue, since they don't occur in other games. As for the overclocking issue, if it hurts to breathe, what do you think you should stop doing?

ya im gona leave the card at stock realy doesint need overclock anyways hehe maybe it will overclock better when ati tool and riva tuner will be supported with it but till than stock it is:)

ya drivers thats what im thinking causing the white dots sense they dont get badder and the card is stable while playing the game and no other games suffer the problem like call of duty 4 pretty sure that will show white dots if there was a problem with the card:)

just hope amd ati releases a new driver very soon ... lol

Yeah man your score is kinda low man.. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6208751 @ 3.6ghz and you have a video card better than me.

Overclock your Opty 165 its a great processor and I liked every moment of using it. You should also be able to OC your video card a little bit further without having to do any volt mods or bios flashing.. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardw...-review-25.html read this, one thing I agree as he said

we strongly recommend you NOT overclock your card when using the stock cooler on this card

unfortunately sorry..

I've seen reports of people lowering their temps by as much as 25C just by reapplying the stock heatsink with Arctic Silver 5. You can overclock on the stock cooler no prob, just make sure you crank up the fan speed, and use AS-5

Edited by brandon

I've seen reports of people lowering their temps by as much as 25C just by reapplying the stock heatsink with Arctic Silver 5. You can overclock on the stock cooler no prob, just make sure you crank up the fan speed, and use AS-5

I don't think I'd believe that by 25C that is way too deep, maybe around 10C or so sounds reasonable.

Maybe it was in combination with increased fan speeds, which I definitely would believe to be possible. However, without any mods, I can definitely see 10c as being the more realistic figure. Both are significant drops in temperature though.

Maybe it was in combination with increased fan speeds, which I definitely would believe to be possible. However, without any mods, I can definitely see 10c as being the more realistic figure. Both are significant drops in temperature though.

Agreed :tup:

hmm my cpu is pretty much overclocked to the max 3ghz cant realy go higher...

but i think i might have a problem with the psu not keeping up..

because i tried with 2 sticks of memory and crysis stayed runing while overclock didint crash even at 660 core and 1090mem but 3dmark06 did.

so put everything at stock even cpu and left the gpu overclocked and it passed....

and i check my psu with a volt meter and at idel its 11.98 doesint move but when i run 3damark it goes as low as 11.86..... aint that bad?

psu is pretty decent to its a hiper 580watt tho has 2 12volt rails at 18 one rail and 20 the other rail... but shouldint this be good for a single card? my x1900 realy didint have no problems overclocking or anything even at 3ghzs.

also i ran crysis benchmark and its pretty much not smooth at first it is but when alot of stuff happen it will drop down in the teens and chugs when it does that the hard drive goes crazy like the light stays on loading stuff and when it does that thats when the lag happens and ruins my score...

i was wondering will low space cause that because i ony have like 10gbs out of 300gbs i have raid 0-0.maybe thats causeing the lag in crysis.

i did a 3dmark again at 3ghzs and stock card and got this http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=7321412 which is much better than befor.

but i still think it could be my psu causeing some slowness still.

will it cause that because of the rails from being 11.86 @load? like if i put my cpu at stock i could overclock the card more is that a psu problem? or?

whoops not right on 3ghzs yet problee whould score 10k. but i think this system should atleast score 11k to 12k?

Edited by gordesky1

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=7341447 one at just over 10k @ 3ghzs and little overclock on the card and got it set to performence in ati control panel.

still pretty sure it still should be doing 12k to 13k atleast...

i tested vantage on it and got 5591 which is ony like 1k 2k behind a quad core on there.

and my gpu score is 6513 which beats one of there scores with a quadcore and than the next one is ony beating my 4850 by ony 200points gpu score.

there full score beats my whole system because they got a quad core which has a higher cpu score. but the gpu score one is lower than mine and one is ony 200points over my gpu score my fps is right on theres to.

i just dont get it on 3dmark 06 its pretty low but on vantage it seems like its doing pretty good..

Edited by gordesky1