Change Mode

Hi,

I have some problems with my PC:

1) It seems after I installed SP3, whenever I try to go to 'My Computer' it shows a flashlight going back and forth over a folder :blink: I don't know what is going on, it has not done that before, it eventually does show.

2) Winamp does not seem to be working properly, I click on one of my MP3s, and the program I use to listen to them is Winamp. The program opens but, it freezes and/or will play after a long delay.

3) AVG Anti-Virus seemed to have an update error and it told me to reinstall the program, and that might fix the error, it didn't. Now I try and reinstall the program, it does but, when I try and open the program it shows an error message that there was an installation error. I don't know what is happening.

Is your PC AMD or using Norton, those can cause SP3 problems as I have read in a post here.

On the PC tower it says 'AMD Sempron'. On a side note the error message for the AVG installation error is:

Local machine: prepared for the installation

Actions plan:

Error: Service AvgTdiX needs to be installed, but it has been marked by the Windows as delete pending during previous unintallation process. Please restart the computer to finnish pending service deletion.

:geezer: G'Day ; I'm not any kind of expert, like most of the good people on the pit but I found this on another site and it has helped others, a lot of reading but worth the effort

http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesper/arc...ing-xp-sp3.aspx

Also, but see what the people at the pit think first, I know it helped at least one desktop.

If you have installed SP3 onto your new HP, and are now experiencing a blue screen upon rebooting, you need to boot into safe mode by continuously hitting the F8 key upon starting your computer. Then, click on the start menu, select “Run.” Next, type in regedit and hit enter. Look for this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intelppm\Start

Upon doing this, you need to change the hex value for “Start” from 1 to 4.

Complete these steps, restart, and you should be able to get into your computer with no more blue screen.

http://amazingtechs.com/index.php?showtopic=31414

Hope it's of help

Blessings Miykle :geezer:

:geezer: G'Day ; I'm not any kind of expert, like most of the good people on the pit but I found this on another site and it has helped others, a lot of reading but worth the effort

http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesper/arc...ing-xp-sp3.aspx

Also, but see what the people at the pit think first, I know it helped at least one desktop.

If you have installed SP3 onto your new HP, and are now experiencing a blue screen upon rebooting, you need to boot into safe mode by continuously hitting the F8 key upon starting your computer. Then, click on the start menu, select “Run.” Next, type in regedit and hit enter. Look for this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intelppm\Start

Upon doing this, you need to change the hex value for “Start” from 1 to 4.

Complete these steps, restart, and you should be able to get into your computer with no more blue screen.

http://amazingtechs.com/index.php?showtopic=31414

Hope it's of help

Blessings Miykle :geezer:

Hi,

I am not receiving a blue screen upon rebooting. I think some programs are just not working as they should.

BTW: Would anyone know what is going on with the AVG installation error I am experiencing?

Edited by white_cloud_8

BTW: Would anyone know what is going on with the AVG installation error I am experiencing?

I've noticed a lot of people are having problems with AVG8. If you're using that version you might want to revert to an earlier version or switch to Avast or Avira. I use Avast but Avira gets very good reviews.

If that doesn't fix your problem you may want to uninstall SP3.

Mark