XP Home + SP2 - IE 7

I have been using the PcPitstop Bandwith Test for some months

Suddenly I am getting an Error Message 'Latency Test Returned an Error while trying to read the Latency File'

I use several other Sites for Bandwith Testing and none of them have trouble with Latency

What could be causing this Error?

Thanks

XP Home + SP2 - IE 7

I have been using the PcPitstop Bandwith Test for some months

Suddenly I am getting an Error Message 'Latency Test Returned an Error while trying to read the Latency File'

I use several other Sites for Bandwith Testing and none of them have trouble with Latency

What could be causing this Error?

Thanks

Exact same problem here, could be a bug I'd say.

• 5 weeks later...

London server still giving the error "latency test returned an error when tring to read the latency file".

Is there another way of using one of the other servers when doing a full test as the test just hangs giving the error message??

It's a bit of a pain when all i want to see is my results of the full test scan.

Cheers

Phill W

:wp:

Can you give more detail as to what you mean by the test just hangs? It is supposed to have a timer and automatically skip to the next page if it times out. What is happening on your computer?

London should be good to go again. Please post back if facts are otherwise.

Thank you for your patience.

Getting same error on full tests.

Time out takes almost 5 minutes.

Upgraded cpu from duo to quad, ranking went from 12% (without latency error) to 23% (with error).

London server still giving the latency error message.

This happens when using full test, overdrive and when using bandwith speed test (when choosing london server).

(how long does it wait before skipping the bandwidth test...i must have waited a good couple of mins and nothing happened)

The only way to get passed this is to use the old test through the old style browser as this gives the skip test button where overdrive and full test do not. But the old test does not give as much information as the overdrive test.

hope this helps

Phill W

Edited by thechair

Thank you for the additional information.

I'm trying to get an ETA for a resolution of the server problems, but we also need to get a viable work-around from this end, as well.

Thank you for the additional information.

I'm trying to get an ETA for a resolution of the server problems, but we also need to get a viable work-around from this end, as well.

Well, you have gotten rid of the Latency error.

Could you now do something about it giving the down

/ up load speed and latency results and sticking there?

I've got the Latency error message today. I havent used the new format before and never had a problem with completing the Full Tets. I got a Ping result separately but still dont understand what to do as I get no other results feedback...