Change Mode

Hmmmm. OK, that's not the issue.

Try this:

Download, unzip, and run the uninstall tool from this link:

http://pcpitstop.com/utilities/Remove-PCPitstop.zip

Once that completes, try running the test again. It should ask to install a new Active X control before running the test.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm. OK, that's not the issue.

Try this:

Download, unzip, and run the uninstall tool from this link:

http://pcpitstop.com/utilities/Remove-PCPitstop.zip

Once that completes, try running the test again. It should ask to install a new Active X control before running the test.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

I have the same problem. Testing worked until recently (it is now July 9th). I downloaded and ran the uninstall utility. Tried to test again, had to install Active x control. same result as beforei.e unable to load results, sorry for inconvenience. Any further thoughts? Brian

I have the same problem here; I reinstalled the ActiveX, and it still persists. I know the test worked for me two days ago.

The remove PC Pitstop thing didn't work, and I had to use Spybot to remove the ActiveX control.

To completely remove the old Active X control, open a command prompt and type these commands:

CD\windows\downloaded program files

Then at the new prompt, type, one at a time, and hit the 'Enter' key after each command:

regsvr32 /u pcpitstop.dll

regsvr32 /u diskfau.dll

del pcpitstop.dll

del diskfau.dll

Then try testing again and see if it loads PC Pitstop Utility 189.

After typing regsvr32 /u pcpitstop.dll, I get this:

Posted Image

Every site I've been to says running cmd as administrator will solve it, but it doesn't for me.

But that's probably a whole different issue. I managed to kill the activeX with HijackThis and reinstall it, and the test still doesn't work.

Go to C:\Windoes\Downloaded Program Files and see if there is a PC Pitstop Utility there.

If so, right-click to select 'Properties' then select the 'version' tab and check the version number. Then right-click the control and select 'remove'.

Strange....there's nothing in there. Even while I'm running the test.

I'm on Vista, running IE8 beta (which worked with the pit test before), would that make any difference?