• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CoolerMaster Stacker Tower W/ Mod Side-Panel

Thermaltake ToughPower 1,200 Watts Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

AMD Phenom™ X4 9950 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

Vigor Gaming Monsoon II Lite CLT-M2LA AMD Active CPU Air Conditioner Cooling System

Asus Crosshair II Formular 780A SLI Chipset DDR2/1066 SATA RAID PCI-E MBoard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394,&7.1Audio

6GB PC8500 DDR2/1066 Dual Channel Memory Corsair Dominator

Thermaltake Toughpower Express 650 Watts VGA Power Supply

NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 1GB 16X PCI Express (X3)

1 TB 2.5 inch SATA Gaming SLC Solid State Disk 12000RPM

LINKSYS WMP54GS 802.11G PCI Network Card

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate

I am planning on upgrading everything that I can, while I can.

Welcome to the pit and NICEEE system.

& if you are planning to OC, run only 2 sticks of RAM to achieve the best results. :)

Roger, your system is perfectly fine mann! My first system was a quarter of that last year and i still entered!

Would you not have a guilty concious if we lost by a mere point, that couldve been YOUR points that won the FW?

:P

Our team is starting to fill up pretty good. Miggs, you gota join!! WAter or not! :P

I ordered 2 4870X2 this morning. This year is gonna be pretty harsh. :mrgreen:

Hey Sho, whats your specs

I will man!!.. give me time, its not till next month anyway. Oh and 2 4870X2, waste of money, one is good enough for now, 2 in Crossfire isn't all that much difference than a single one.

I will man!!.. give me time, its not till next month anyway. Oh and 2 4870X2, waste of money, one is good enough for now, 2 in Crossfire isn't all that much difference than a single one.

Roger, You wont regret it. :mrgreen:

Miggs. Dont worry, Pay later helped alot. Im not keeping them both. When they go out of stock, I am returning my card so then I get a refund. then, I am ordering it again and repeating the process.

This way, I have them for FW and to mess with. check TRP.

I have no intention to waste $1200 on video cards. I found a loop hole. :mrgreen:

For most games, yes, it is a total waste of money. But for 3DMock Vantage, I'm sure they'll come in handy.

Oh, and I must know... Is the PhysX cheat for nVidia allowed? If so, then I'm out.

Its a waste of money, bench or not. Its already filled with 2gb of GDDR5. Your :filtered: :filtered: if you think 2 is worth it to play counter strike on a 17" monitor :rofl2:

Why, with a 4870 its fair game. they cheat, you score major points for having a real card, So I see no harm

Edited by el kido

Still think 2 of them too expensive not worth it. If you did want to waste money, get a better board, better case. Something better.

Imo for most of us using low resolution 2x4870 is even overkill, a 4850CF is more than enough.

It's overkill, no doubt, but all that matters to me is that nVidia pulled an AMD. They relied on G92 for too long, and look what it got them: Horrible profit margins, a huge, hot chip, and falling stock prices.

Edited by brandon

ok few question i got all the benchmarks installed and i can run them all

1) hope i dont need the full version meaning i hope i dont need to buy this

2) do i need to make an account at TRP

3) what do i need to do next

No, you dont need to buy it.

You dont need an account at TRP

Register at hwbot and make sure you set your forum as PCPitstop.

Practice away!