Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Nowhere near computer related ?

This is totally off computer related talk so I hope I don't get flamed for asking....Does anybody here use the "Magellan Maestro 3250 gps unit? I would like to ask if you could confirm an address entry for me. My new unit refuses to let me key in a particular street address. Thought you might see if your unit would accept it.

Never mind........I need to lear how to spell!

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU EVEN ASK SUCH A DUMB QUESTION!!! OMG!!! ok, just kidding! :lol: How do you like that GPS? Have been wanting to get one but dunno which is good.

See...I told you....I can't even spell "learn" in my above topic! :P To answer your question, I'm just gettin' started with this unit. I've never had a gps before so it's a learning experience for me.

i have used the vz navigator w/ verizon, really good program, $10/month... only problem now is verizon charges you $2 per MB used... totally rediculous to do something like that. Now I wont use any MB so they arent making any money from me b/c I regularly bought ringtones and things like that, but now I wont because of that.

I don't know that unit, but generally speaking sat nav units are only as good as the latest map(s) for them, I use TomTom myself and love it, but the problem is how often the maps are updated, the newer TomTom units have updates from local users, so if there is an error, or if there is a new road they can share that info and other users can benefit by getting the latest updates.

So with your unit have you checked if there are any updates available ? that may help, also is the address a fairly new one ? that could explain why it isn't showing up yet, does that help ?

Well, I had to send my Magellan unit back. Seems that there was a problem with the touch screen in spots and it started locking up. All this within 2 days ownership. After shopping around at numerous places, and talking to a lot of people, I have ordered a Garmin Nuvi 660. I think I'm going to like it! :mrgreen: